Papitos

IDKaren

We are booked for an all inclusive day at Papitos in February..would love to hear from people who have been there. So far have seen nothing but good things, except maybe the expensive taxi ride...which may be worth it to avoid the big crowds!

There are a couple of posts about their snorkel tour with transportation included. I just was on the Shore Excursioneer site that you can add the AI or open bar as well and it gets cheaper every time...looks like a good option

I just saw this option too and am thinking of doing this. We will have 6 so $35 each seems like a good deal with transportation included! Would love to hear reviews from anyone who has done this!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We made reservations through Shore Excursioneer for Jan. 2015. Have 9 going, 22-79yrs of age, booked for the transportation, admission and snorkel trip, not everyone wanted to eat and drink all day. We'll report upon our return :D

That is the exact excursion we are considering for March! I look forward to reading how you liked it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

We did the ShoreExcursioneer tour S1728 to Papitos on January 1. Before I dissect our experience I want to say that we would definitely take this excursion again at this price with these options. As far as the transportation goes, we docked at Punta Langosta pier for our stop at Cozumel. Our pickup point was about a 10 minute walk from there down to directly in front of the Puerta Maya pier. We were given our Punta Sur Park admission bands before getting into our transportation. Our party of 4 had one regular commercial cab to ourselves for the approximate 30 minute trip to Papitos. We got to Papitos at about 10:00am. At that time there was plenty of room in lounge chairs under the umbrellas, but there always seemed to be plenty of space available. We thought the service at our chairs was excellent. The servers were readily available without being annoying. We felt that $16.00 for a bucket of 5 beers was certainly reasonable. Pictures on the website show dark patches in the water out from the shore. These are areas of a low growing sea "grass" that can seem to limit the area for walking and splashing. There's a large inflatable float platform anchored in about 3 feet of water. A school of fish was hanging out around the anchor rope that would make it a fun place for children to view some fish. We brought our own snorkel gear so did not use the vendor's equipment. We did not see any organized guided snorkeling tour during our 4 hours at Papitos, but possibly no one was interested during that time. The buoy marking the viewing at the reef area is about 250 yards off the beach. Bathrooms were adequate if not plush. We weren't aware of specific changing rooms and just changed in the bathrooms. We ran a tab at Papitos for our food and drink and paid for that and our excursion balance when we left. We made our arrangements with our taxi driver for our pickup time. We would suggest that you are clear whether that is the time you would like to be picked up or is the time you would like to be back at the pier. We didn't stop at the lighthouse or at the crocodile viewing area which aren't listed in the excursion, but arrangements with your driver might be made to do that for some extra compensation. Our comments might sound rather critical, but we had a great day at the beach at Papitos.

We only had the plate of nachos and if our memory isn't too hazy they were $8USD. We thought the food quality and cost was reasonable. We had already planned to have a late lunch at a restaurant in town before going back onboard our ship so we didn't eat or drink much and did a la carte. As far as locker availability -- we didn't see any lockers, but we didn't ask about them so we may have overlooked them.

We did the ShoreExcursioneer tour S1728 to Papitos on January 1. Before I dissect our experience I want to say that we would definitely take this excursion again at this price with these options. As far as the transportation goes, we docked at Punta Langosta pier for our stop at Cozumel. Our pickup point was about a 10 minute walk from there down to directly in front of the Puerta Maya pier. We were given our Punta Sur Park admission bands before getting into our transportation. Our party of 4 had one regular commercial cab to ourselves for the approximate 30 minute trip to Papitos. We got to Papitos at about 10:00am. At that time there was plenty of room in lounge chairs under the umbrellas, but there always seemed to be plenty of space available. We thought the service at our chairs was excellent. The servers were readily available without being annoying. We felt that $16.00 for a bucket of 5 beers was certainly reasonable. Pictures on the website show dark patches in the water out from the shore. These are areas of a low growing sea "grass" that can seem to limit the area for walking and splashing. There's a large inflatable float platform anchored in about 3 feet of water. A school of fish was hanging out around the anchor rope that would make it a fun place for children to view some fish. We brought our own snorkel gear so did not use the vendor's equipment. We did not see any organized guided snorkeling tour during our 4 hours at Papitos, but possibly no one was interested during that time. The buoy marking the viewing at the reef area is about 250 yards off the beach. Bathrooms were adequate if not plush. We weren't aware of specific changing rooms and just changed in the bathrooms. We ran a tab at Papitos for our food and drink and paid for that and our excursion balance when we left. We made our arrangements with our taxi driver for our pickup time. We would suggest that you are clear whether that is the time you would like to be picked up or is the time you would like to be back at the pier. We didn't stop at the lighthouse or at the crocodile viewing area which aren't listed in the excursion, but arrangements with your driver might be made to do that for some extra compensation. Our comments might sound rather critical, but we had a great day at the beach at Papitos.

I was there the same day as you. The Snorkeling guy told my kids try not to walk in the grassy areas, stingrays like to hide there. It was a nice day. friendly staff decent food.

• 2 weeks later...

honest report: it is not 5 hours beach time, that is the total time from pickup to departure, it is quite a distance, 30 minutes at least each way, then more time if you stop at light house, just keep this in mind. We had 3 hours beach time, we only stopped at the light house for 20 minutes.

Papitos does NOT limit admission as advertised. There were not enough loungers, food service was so slow, bar service was fine for us but we are not drinkers. We were looking for a quiet beach with loungers. 2 loungers for a group of 7 was disappointing, had table and chairs but that isn't what we wanted, very disappointed after reading great reviews.

Would not return on a port day with 7 ships in port.

honest report: it is not 5 hours beach time, that is the total time from pickup to departure, it is quite a distance, 30 minutes at least each way, then more time if you stop at light house, just keep this in mind. We had 3 hours beach time, we only stopped at the light house for 20 minutes.

Papitos does NOT limit admission as advertised. There were not enough loungers, food service was so slow, bar service was fine for us but we are not drinkers. We were looking for a quiet beach with loungers. 2 loungers for a group of 7 was disappointing, had table and chairs but that isn't what we wanted, very disappointed after reading great reviews.

What is there to do at the light house?

What time did you start the excursion? 9:30?

The excursions including transport are clearly listed as 5 hours (ie total excursion time). If you take your own transport it is at leisure. Not sure why they do it like that but it is stated that way. Yes transport is at least 30 minutes and the more places you visit - lighthouse, lagoon, snorkeling will severely limit your beach time and "all-inclusive" opportunity.

I have always said I thought the 50 person limit was debatable and have wondered if that was 50 person AI pass limit?

Went to Papitos last week..found it great! We did the all inclusive with transportation added on. We walked about three blocks from pier and greeted by man..gave us entry bands to park and for Papitos and got our taxi...took about 35 min to get there. there was NO time limit..except ships de barking time as far as time spent. Not I pressed with lighthouse or ruins so glad we did not choose that option. NOT crowded at all..only about 25 people there with five ships in port. We had MANY drinks each..bar tenders very attentive. DELICIOUS guacamole and chips,tacos, quesadillas..MORE guacamole. The weather had been stormy so ocean stirred up so not good for snorkeling. I had a massage..amazing..but a little SPENDY dor Mexico..$50 for 30 min!

When we were thinking about leaving we told mgr..he ordered taxi..they drove us back to lighthouse area and our taxi was waiting..only about 20-25 min baxk to Port. If u add up food and drink..it was Prob SPENDY but when considering ships drink prices..not bad. I would do it again...wish ship got in earlier!

Went to Papitos last week..found it great! We did the all inclusive with transportation added on. We walked about three blocks from pier and greeted by man..gave us entry bands to park and for Papitos and got our taxi...took about 35 min to get there. there was NO time limit..except ships de barking time as far as time spent. Not I pressed with lighthouse or ruins so glad we did not choose that option. NOT crowded at all..only about 25 people there with five ships in port. We had MANY drinks each..bar tenders very attentive. DELICIOUS guacamole and chips,tacos, quesadillas..MORE guacamole. The weather had been stormy so ocean stirred up so not good for snorkeling. I had a massage..amazing..but a little SPENDY dor Mexico..$50 for 30 min!

When we were thinking about leaving we told mgr..he ordered taxi..they drove us back to lighthouse area and our taxi was waiting..only about 20-25 min baxk to Port. If u add up food and drink..it was Prob SPENDY but when considering ships drink prices..not bad. I would do it again...wish ship got in earlier!

Thanks for letting us know. You said you weren't impressed by the lighthouse---what exactly is there to do at the lighthouse? Why would people go there? (I'm trying to figure out if it's worth our time).

If you didn't do the lighthouse or ruins how can you say you weren't impressed? Did you stop for the crocodiles or just drive straight through to the beach?

Thanks for letting us know. You said you weren't impressed by the lighthouse---what exactly is there to do at the lighthouse? Why would people go there? (I'm trying to figure out if it's worth our time).

Small museum at lighthouse. People climb mainly for the view.

Lighthouse was just a lighthouse..nothing special...have seen crocodiles before and ruins was smaller than my bedroom...also we had seen them all many years ago..There were SO many people lining the roads to see the things it would have taken too long and not worth the extra money that we would have to pay to taxi to stop. I guess growing up on the coast lighthouses are nothing new..but I can see for islanders it could be cool.