Beach/Resort recommendation

Torgirl48

Hi everyone. We will be in St. Maarten August 2nd for the day. Family of 5 with three teenage girls that love to tan. Looking for a recommendation for a beach that has chairs/umbrellas and watersports that can be easily reached by taxi from the pier. I would also consider the 'resort for a day' option but it's very expensive for 5 people, the Canadian dollar has tanked a bit so US dollar rates of 75 per person are just astronomical to us. Any and all advise would be very greatly appreciated.

Hi everyone. We will be in St. Maarten August 2nd for the day. Family of 5 with three teenage girls that love to tan. Looking for a recommendation for a beach that has chairs/umbrellas and watersports that can be easily reached by taxi from the pier. I would also consider the 'resort for a day' option but it's very expensive for 5 people, the Canadian dollar has tanked a bit so US dollar rates of 75 per person are just astronomical to us. Any and all advise would be very greatly appreciated.

Little Bay, Orient and Grand Case Beach. Orient would be my choice if the seas are good and not much seaweed is being washed up. Best choice for Watersports is here. If topplessness is an issue then Little Bay and Grand Case beach are better options. I have been to Little Bay several times and GC beach dozens of time and I have never myself seen nudity.

I would not pay for an AI in St. Maarten. Just not needed here.

karysa,

As you infer, Grand Case is rather limited in terms of watersports. There, Orient has the significant lead.

gary

Orient Beach has lots of reasonably priced facilities, as well as parasailing and other activities - generally more options than at any AI, at much less cost.

Little Bay, Orient and Grand Case Beach. Orient would be my choice if the seas are good and not much seaweed is being washed up. Best choice for Watersports is here. If topplessness is an issue then Little Bay and Grand Case beach are better options. I have been to Little Bay several times and GC beach dozens of time and I have never myself seen nudity.

I would not pay for an AI in St. Maarten. Just not needed here.

The clothing situation is always good to consider as well when answering questions regarding beaches so people can make the correct choice for their family.