Mahogony Bay

sharkaymon

On our last cruise we stopped at Isla Roatan and took a private excursion to a spa. This time we would like to stay on the beach at Mahagony Bay and rent a cabana. I can not find this information under Excursions.:( I really would like to rent one of the upscale cabanas for the day.

Any help is welcomed.:)

On our last cruise we stopped at Isla Roatan and took a private excursion to a spa. This time we would like to stay on the beach at Mahagony Bay and rent a cabana. I can not find this information under Excursions.:( I really would like to rent one of the upscale cabanas for the day.

Any help is welcomed.:)

I just went to Excursions on the Carnival website and it was there.

http://www.carnival.com/Activities/Excursion/518048

Try this link

Head over to the Roatan forum under the Ports of Call forums. Ask your PVP(?) or who ever you booked the cruise through for information.

Be sure NOT to get either of the 2 cabanas closest to the main beach.

Edited by crewsweeper

Try this link

Head over to the Roatan forum under the Ports of Call forums. Ask your PVP(?) or who ever you booked the cruise through for information.

Be sure NOT to get either of the 2 cabanas closest to the main beach.

Wow guess I was wrong. The price is $ 225 per adult,

Edited by golfadj

We have been there quite a few times and remember clamshells but do not recall seeing a cabana there.

They're down toward the end of the beach past the restaurant buildings close to the small pier that juts out by the breakwater. They do sit back a bit so aren't readily noticeable from the beach but are visible when the ship is backing up the cove to the pier. They're separated from the beach by a small low set rope easily stepped over or gotten around by walking through the water. One big complaint is that they are close together and aren't "private".

We rented one for our cruise last week. It was fantastic! The price was for up to 4 people, not per person. I would call them semi-private. They were separated from the main beach by a fence on each side, not a rope. But, people can still walk around the fence. There are 8 cabanas. When we were there, they were all rented, but the area never felt crowded or anything. There was security to chase off anyone that didn't have a cabana. I will definitely do it again. Best money I spent on the cruise.

Wow guess I was wrong. The price is $ 225 per adult,

It says per adult but it is actually per cabana. I don't know why they don't change the wording on those. Same with FTTF. It looks like $49.95 per person but its actually per cabin.

It says per adult but it is actually per cabana. I don't know why they don't change the wording on those. Same with FTTF. It looks like $49.95 per person but its actually per cabin.

Gosh, I don't know why they don't change the wording either because it is very confusing. :rolleyes:

I do know for sure that it is per cabana, not per person.

LuLu