Disney Dream

old man 1010

Can anyone suggest the best location for a Concierge 1 bedroom suite on deck 11 or 12? Quietness, less traffic, etc. Also is the wine package worth purchasing? Assume the Concierge lounge has wine? beer? Does anyone know the wine types? And is there a set time like a happy hour?

Thanks in advance!!

On the Fantasy, there are a couple of set hours in the day when you can get complimentary beer, wine, mixed drinks, smoothies, etc. in the concierge lounge. You can get canned soft drinks, etc. essentially all the time (the concierge will hand you a can and a glass, but won't/can't mix a drink for you). My guess is that the Dream is the same, but no personal experience. There were a couple different wine packages available--a "regular" and a "premium" sort. I guess "worth it" depends on how much you plan to consume. There is a savings to choosing a package...but you have a wider selection if you choose on your own one bottle at a time.

The Dream concierge lounge works the same as reported above. I'd forego the wine package and stop by the lounge for a pre-dinner glass (or two). They will be happy to fill your glass as you depart for the dining room. So, depending on how much you drink at meals, you might just want to buy wine by the glass in the MDR.

I'd go for a room on deck 12 just to be on the same floor with the lounge. It makes stopping by for a drink/snack much simpler.

We had room 12012 (I think) on our last cruise and despite it being directly outside the Lounge it wasn't loud at all.

I'd agree with jalves comment. We thought about the wine package ourselves but with the pre and post dinner free cocktail hours that was good enough at least for us.

On the Fantasy the happy hour was 5-6 then 7-8 as I recall. They also had two other days with a period of time with free drinks one of which was with the character greet. Guess it would be similar on Dream.

Alonzo (not one of the 3 concierges) was the guy who set up the bar and poured all the drinks. There were a few others who would supply the lounge area with food and drinks and if he wasn't there at the moment they'd get you a beer or wine from the counter area.

Edited by dexddd

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Booked on the Dream for a 3 day cruise. Taking all the kids and grandkids. But would like to know what the lounge times are for drinks?? Have 6 dinner times so is it open for per dinner drinks? Somewhere I believe I read that it has a another drink period 7? 8?