Breeze 12/28/14 NYE sailing It's a family affair

jimbo5544

If I were to review the breakfast ist was good. The green eggs and how shall I say bright colors of the food were...fuun. The crew tries hard to please. Having sailed on the OAsis and done the Shrek breakfast, I would have to give the nod for the show part to royal. All in all it was fun.

The last night of any cruise always has mixed feelings for me. It is the end of a vacation and I start to think about how quickly it all passed. The crew of the Breeze met our expectations and the dining room staff was no exception. Having 11 children under the age of seven scattered over two teams and four tables kept them on their toes.

They always had a smile on their face and trying to do whatever they could to make our cruise the best that it could be. Whether it was having everything waiting for the kids, or arranging the chairs, boosters and assorting things we brought to keep them occupied, they worked pretty darn hard.

Near the end of the dinner, they performed for the lat time for us and we finished up and said out goodbyes and we thanked them with words and dead presidents for their hard work.

After dinner we split up and enjoyed our last evening on the Breeze. This was the first cruise in a long time where we had packed our page and put them outside our cabin door. We normally carry off, but with all the kids and the late flight we were in no rush. We had group one tickets but knew we could meander out later. Around midnight we headed back to our cabin for our last sleep on the Breeze.

I never sleep well on the last night of a cruise and this was no exception. I awoke about 5:45 as we were making our way into the chute. Soon enough we were docked, an after showering we headed up for our last breakfast.

We split up as some had early flights, some had made some prearranged plans for a tour of the everglades and the rest had gotten a couple of rooms day passes at the Hilton near the airport. Around 5 we took the shuttle over to the airport and headed home.

Final thoughts: We love the Breeze, it is easily our favorite ship we have sailed on. The new interior is easy on the eyes and we love the layout. I noticed something on the last day at the pool which I had only noticed one other time on a Carnival ship. The aft pool (at the least) is heated. The only time I have ever noticed this was on the Spirit on an Alaskan cruise. I am not saying that it is different or unique but I and never noticed it before.

This cruise was a very special one for the wife and I. Having all of our kids and all the grandkids together with us (even the farthest away from us is only two hours and we usually see them every week) but on the cruise with us together, is something that we desired to do for some time. It was 18 months in the planning and passed very quickly. That being said, I LOVED IT. It was our favorite cruise experience for this very reason. We did not do a lot of things we normally do when we cruise, but there will be other times and other cruises for that (my sign and sail bill was an all time low:roll eyes:).

Thanks for taking the journey with me.........

Up next....the Vista?? 😉

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We will def be doing the Vista over in Europe. I sent out a note and some info to our cruising group, trying to organize something for either July or August (16) and options of round trip (8 day) or one way (10 day). It has been 10 years since we sailed the med on the then new Liberty, really want to go back. We won't be picking up the Bill for that one tho....... We are on Magic in three weeks for a 5 day and then again on the Breeze in April (our diamond cruise) then two on the Sunshine in August and February before the Vista.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

BRAVO Jimbo!! GREAT review!! Now I'm really excited for my first cruise on the Breeze in August!! Of course we had to slip the Pride in during Spring Break.

Thanks Jeff. The Breeze is our favorite ship (including Oasis....which ruffles lots of feathers here :-) )you will love her. We have been trying to squeeze in a sailing on the Pride since 2.0 but not sure it is going to work out. Been on her 3 times, and enjoy that class of ship a LOT.

Thanks Jeff. The Breeze is our favorite ship (including Oasis....which ruffles lots of feathers here :-) )you will love her. We have been trying to squeeze in a sailing on the Pride since 2.0 but not sure it is going to work out. Been on her 3 times, and enjoy that class of ship a LOT.

The Spirit Class has always been our favorite, this will be our 9th cruise on them. We were broken hearted when the Miracle left New York, and the Pride was moved to Tampa. Thankfully, the Pride is coming back to Baltimore, and I'm excited to see how the 2.0 upgrades look on her.

I see you are boarding the Breeze the same day we board the Pride. I will be sure to raise a toast to you as you officially become a DIAMOND!

Thank you for the very enjoyable cruise, Jim. I sailed the Breeze for her U.S. Inaugural cruise and I'm sailing her again this weekend for the Bloggers' Cruise. I'm glad you had such a wonderful time with your family and hope you enjoy all future cruises.

Thank you for the very enjoyable cruise, Jim. I sailed the Breeze for her U.S. Inaugural cruise and I'm sailing her again this weekend for the Bloggers' Cruise. I'm glad you had such a wonderful time with your family and hope you enjoy all future cruises.

Thanks a lot! You enjoy the bloggers cruise. We got to see John and said a quick hello at the Vista event in New York. He was looking forward to getting back on a ship (maybe not so much in leaving the family). Enjoy!