First time in St. Kitts A lot of questions

buddybean11

we will be in St. Kitts for the first time in Sept. 2 couples age 45-55. Would like to see the main sites of the city, beach with black sand sound neat too (I collect sand from every port that I can), also enjoy shopping. have read a few horror stories about some of the taxi drivers.

I gather from reading that you have to taxi to the main part of town to see anything. Is this correct? What are the prices like around the island compatable with other islands? Are there any certain souvneirs unique to the island?

The distance to town is very short. When you leave the ship after walking down the pier, you will exit the arrivals building, from there to the "Circus" it is about 400 yards. No Taxi needed to get to the "Times Square of St Kitts". There are many tour operators that offer an "Island Tour" from about $40 and up per person. I would really skip the beaches if you stopping at other islands that will probably have better beaches. The only souvenir that I would consider unique is something Batik from Caribelle Batik at Romney Manor.

• 2 weeks later...
The distance to town is very short. When you leave the ship after walking down the pier, you will exit the arrivals building, from there to the "Circus" it is about 400 yards. No Taxi needed to get to the "Times Square of St Kitts". There are many tour operators that offer an "Island Tour" from about $40 and up per person. I would really skip the beaches if you stopping at other islands that will probably have better beaches. The only souvenir that I would consider unique is something Batik from Caribelle Batik at Romney Manor.

Are there any Caribelle shops by cruise port or do you need to go to Romney manor?

On our last cruise, I found a black sand beach on the left side when looking at the port. Walk through the plaza to the road, then turn left on sidewalk, pass the bus stop and small pier. This is about a 10-15 minute walk from ship. You will find several pieces of sea glass also, if you are a collector. Found my first red piece here!