Best Tour for First Time Visitor, Older Folks

scooter6251

Places to visit for a first time visitor: Brimstone Hill Fortress, $10 US admission charge, it is well worth the time and admisson charge to visit. A tour of the capital city, Caribelle Batik, Black Rocks, Sir Timothy Hill, go to http://www.stkittsnevismagazines.com, stkittstourism.kn, go to http://www.skyviews.com/st-kitts-and-nevis-map/ for a decent map and activity guide.

• 3 weeks later...

One of our best tours ever was with Rose of Jim & Rose's Taxi. There were 4 of us - all in our 60's - 1 with recent hip replacement & one with new knee. Rose was fantastic - we take a tour each time we take someone new & this was the best. We like going just the 4 of us so we are not waiting for 50 people to get on & off the bus. She was very reasonably priced & we saw several things we never saw before. We researched the island and let her know whated we want to see. We enjoyed it so much - we booked again with her for our next cruise (someone joining us that has not been to St. Kitts). I emailed her & told her the must sees like Romney Gardens (Caribelle Batik); we want to see the fortress but have been there many times & never thought it was really worth the time it takes, the black rocks are great & she suggested a few other places. One of my favorite is the overlook on the south side of the island where the Atlantic meets the Caribbean. The difference in the 2 sides is stunning. The most fun was everywhere we went - people knew her & we got a very interesting slant on St. Kitts life.

We just finished the island and beach tour with Rose yesterday. Had a great time. Our group was 4 people, one using a wheelchair, and there 5 others. The van easily handled all of us, and she uses a microphone to describe what we were seeing around the island. After the island tour part, we came back to the port where the other 5 got off, then she took us to Cockleshell beach (sp?) where we spent 2 hours before deciding to come back to the ship.

Definitely recommend them for tours regardless of age!

Jeff

• 1 month later...
We're looking at Liz Pereira Tours.

http://www.lizpereirastourstore.shutterfly.com[/QUO tTE]

Could you post and let me know how the tour went? I like the fact that so many of the main places to see are included. I'm hoping we can be let off near Frigate Bay (Party Zone?) for lunch before heading back to the ship. We are booked with her the beginning of Feb 2017 off the Princess Regal.