Breeze - Balcony vs. Ocean View

GulfCoaster

Hello All!

I want to book the Breeze but still can't make a cabin/location decision - so I turn to CC as always for help!

I am a pretty light sleeper and one time was booked next to a suite on a Fantasy class ship. Our neighbors went out on their balcony all the time and the balcony door would slam when they went in or out. I understand the door has to "seal" but there was no repress on the door itself so it would slam when closed. This would go on night and day. Is this an issue with the balcony cabins/suites on the Breeze? I can see that the balcony doors are not sliding doors so I am afraid of booking a balcony for this reason. If we go with an Ocean View instead - do those cabins come with a couch or are they only in specific Ocean View Cabins?

I appreciate any help on this. We have only been on Fantasy class ships so it is time to branch out a bit and try something new. I am trying to get the most bang for the buck as this will be a very special birthday cruise and I really would like it to go well. I thank you for any help you can give me on making the right cabin selection and deck location.

Thanks so much!

Mike

All Carnival balconies seem to have that potential problem of door slamming -- it all depends on the level of consideration of your neighbors.

The ocean view cabins on this class of ship all have sofas. Some are also "deluxe oceanview" and have a second bathroom to make it easier to get ready in the evening. The second bath does not have a toilet, only a small tub and a washbowl.

Whichever you decide, have a great cruise!

Thank you both! The slamming issue is what I was afraid of. It is the luck of the draw on the neighbors....

Would love a Cove but here again - if the balcony door slams it can get real annoying, so onto an Ocean View. I have been looking at deck plans and there are a few deluxe ocean view cabins available. They list as either a "star" (twin/king w single sofa) or a "square" (twin /king single sofa & upper). Looking at cabin 2234 & 2232. Neither of them have any designation so that was why I was asking about a couch.

Thanks again so much!

Mike

Thank you both! The slamming issue is what I was afraid of. It is the luck of the draw on the neighbors....

Would love a Cove but here again - if the balcony door slams it can get real annoying, so onto an Ocean View. I have been looking at deck plans and there are a few deluxe ocean view cabins available. They list as either a "star" (twin/king w single sofa) or a "square" (twin /king single sofa & upper). Looking at cabin 2234 & 2232. Neither of them have any designation so that was why I was asking about a couch.

Thanks again so much!

Mike

If by any chance cabin #2485 is open, grab it. It's an oversized deluxe ocean view that's about half again as large as the others. I had it and loved it. #2489 and #2464 are also oversized but not quite as large, and they don't have the second bathroom. Good luck!

While I would consider myself to be on the low end of sensitivity to my neighbors letting their balcony doors slam, I have to say that on my last four cruises with balconies, I can only remember one when I ever noticed the slamming and it didn't happen all the time. In fact, I remember a few times losing a grip on the door as I was carrying things out to my own balcony and having it slam on me. So I think your odds of having a problem are in the 15-25% range.

They list as either a "star" (twin/king w single sofa) or a "square" (twin /king single sofa & upper). Looking at cabin 2234 & 2232. Neither of them have any designation so that was why I was asking about a couch.

Thanks again so much! Mike

In your case it's probably best to forgo any kind of balcony stateroom.

As far as the STARS and the SQUARES it designates sleeping accommodations for the cabin. The twin/king w single sofa means the cabin can sleep up to 3 passengers because the sofa converts to a bed. The twin /king single sofa & upper can sleep up to 4 with the sofa and a pull-down upper berth.

Hope this helps.

Edited by AdGuyMG

Thanks again so much!

Mike

2234 & 2232 not having any symbol in them means that the room will only sleep 2. However, there is still a sofa in there. Carnival has to pick & choose which rooms will allow for the sofa to be a bed. They cannot allow every sofa to be a bed, because that would put them over lifeboat capacity by A LOT. If you are a party of 2, it's best to book a room for 2 if it's available for your desired room type & location. The location of those 2 rooms is very good. It is below the theater, so if you go to bed early, you may get some noise from above. Shows are usually over by 11:00.

Edited by k2excursion

This is why I love the CC boards. Again thanks for the info and suggestions. We went with an OV - 2234 - - 2485 was not available, however, it sure does look bigger. Maybe later on if it opens we can switch? Does Carnival allow this? Anyway we go to bed on the late side so even with the showroom above hope we made the right cabin choice for now.

Looking so forward to this cruise.....Really time for a break and a re-charge and a birthday celebration as well. We had to cancel an Elation cruise awhile back right before sail date which really hurt so you can't imagine how much we want to go on this cruise and this cruise comes with a plus - my wife and I will make Gold in the middle of it so as it looks we are being recognized at the level when we board. YES!!!

Again, thank you all for your input....

Mike

This is why I love the CC boards. Again thanks for the info and suggestions. We went with an OV - 2234 - - 2485 was not available, however, it sure does look bigger. Maybe later on if it opens we can switch? Does Carnival allow this? Anyway we go to bed on the late side so even with the showroom above hope we made the right cabin choice for now.

Looking so forward to this cruise.....Really time for a break and a re-charge and a birthday celebration as well. We had to cancel an Elation cruise awhile back right before sail date which really hurt so you can't imagine how much we want to go on this cruise and this cruise comes with a plus - my wife and I will make Gold in the middle of it so as it looks we are being recognized at the level when we board. YES!!!

Again, thank you all for your input....

Mike

You may be allowed to switch - call whoever you booked the cruise through (Carnival or your TA - you must use the TA if you booked through them) and ask. Just know it's possible you might have to pay extra if the fare goes up. Or you might get a chance to upgrade to that balcony for nothing extra. Luck of the draw.

In case you're still thinking about that or might do so later, I also agree with the poster who said they have not had problems with slamming balcony doors. For me, even if my neighbors weren't very considerate, the balcony would still be worth it - room service breakfast on the balcony of a cruise ship is something I've been totally spoiled for.

Either way, I hope you have a great cruise. I'm going on Breeze for the first time in a few weeks and really looking forward to it, so I can appreciate your excitement.

If by any chance cabin #2485 is open, grab it. It's an oversized deluxe ocean view that's about half again as large as the others. I had it and loved it. #2489 and #2464 are also oversized but not quite as large, and they don't have the second bathroom. Good luck!

potential for vibration and shuddering. (i'd rather have the door slamming then the shuddering