Quick! We need your help!

dossymae

My husband and I are headed to New York this morning and we have yet to figure out how to get to the hotel. We are planning on taking the subway, but it's still a mystery to me. We are flying in to la guardia and our hotel is at W 39th St and 8th Ave. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My husband and I are headed to New York this morning and we have yet to figure out how to get to the hotel. We are planning on taking the subway, but it's still a mystery to me. We are flying in to la guardia and our hotel is at W 39th St and 8th Ave. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Google maps recommends taking the Q70 bus from the LaGuardia Intern/Parking lot #1 area (follow signs) for 4 stops to Roosevelt Ave/74th St.

Get off and walk about a block to the subway station Jackson Heights/Roosevelt Ave. Take the E train towards the World Trade Center, for 7 stops, get off at 42nd St Port Authority Bus Terminal. Walk south 3 blocks on 8th Ave.

That looks to be the simplest way, unless you want to take a cab, about $32. If you're not familiar with the subways and busses, I wouldn't recommend taking them with luggage.

Edited by chengkp75

There's also some sort of bus that will take you to port authority for $13/pp. you can walk to your hotel from Port Authority.

NYC Airporter: Available from 5 a.m. - 11:30 p.m., these buses leave every 30 minutes. One-way fare is $13 ($23 round-trip). You can choose to disembark at Grand Central, Port Authority or Penn Station Access to Penn Station requires taking a shuttle from the Grand Central stop. There is also complimentary hotel shuttle service for hotels between 23rd and 63rd Streets from Grand Central..

Edited by 138east

The Q70 bus drops you right at the door to the big subway station at 74th/Roosevelt; it is NOT a block away. There are luggage racks on the bus.

Just be sure that you can manage your luggage up/down steps, as there are not escalators/elevators at every stop.

We found (in May and last week) the Q70/subway transportation very easy.