Help Quick: Ocean view vs Superior Ocean view Monarch of the Seas

Guys,

I am considering an "upgrade" from the standard ocean view (122sq feet) to the superior ocean view (150sq feet). This will be at 0 cost to me due to a customer service issue.

I chose the standard ocean view on deck 6 as it had a non port hole window and a non obstructed view. The upgraded superior oceanview room has a partilly obstructed view by the life boats.

Is the partial obstruction worth the extra floor space?

Please help,

Chris

Even 150 sq. ft. is teensy...yes....the more space on this ship you can get, the better! Hubby and I were in a "superior" (I use that term loosely!)..and we both couldn't stand and dress at the same time....we had to take turns! Even the superior is too small. I think my closet at home is larger than the standard OV cabin!

No window has great views anyway...it's for letting in light mainly!

I say yes the additional floor space is worth it!

I paid to move to the SOV on Monarch this past April.

More floor space, a small sofa/loveseat, a safe, and a fridge. I picked a cabin "between" life boats - I used the diagram (I found on the Royal board) that indicated which cabins on Deck 8 are between life boats, used the "stack decks" option on cruisedeckplans, and made a list of cabins on Deck 9 that would be between life boats. Then I found out which were available and chose one. Even with an obstruction, I would do it.

I say yes the additional floor space is worth it!

I paid to move to the SOV on Monarch this past April.

More floor space, a small sofa/loveseat, a safe, and a fridge. I picked a cabin "between" life boats - I used the diagram (I found on the Royal board) that indicated which cabins on Deck 8 are between life boats, used the "stack decks" option on cruisedeckplans, and made a list of cabins on Deck 9 that would be between life boats. Then I found out which were available and chose one. Even with an obstruction, I would do it.

Thanks for the info.

I did end up taking the upgrade to the SOV.

We will be in 9080 which is aft on the ship and should be nearly un obstructed.

Be very happy you did. The OV cabins are so small, we stayed in them several times. The last few cruises we did on Monarch we upgraded ourselves to the SOV and couldn't believe the difference.

In the standard OV cabins we would have the beds split into an "L" shape just to have enough space for both of us to stand up at the same time.

We stayed in the Superior Ocean View on the Monarch and were glad we did! Our friends had the Ocean View and they did not have a safe whereas we did and we had ample room where they felt cramped. We had the lifeboats below us but it was not a problem. We were on the 9th floor. You will be glad you did.

Archived