Accessible Cabin Questions Emerald A302

shanecindy21403

Unfortunately this upcoming cruise I'm having some mobility issues. We had to change cabins from our mini suite to an accessible balcony cabin. On the personalizer it says the bed configuration is twins and I looked at all the accessible cabins that are available. They all say twins.

I called Princess and she said no problem just let our room steward know we want a queen configuration and it will be changed. I know we've had to do that before in our regular cabin but we always were able to mark it queen in the personalizer before the cruise. What I'm worried about is this one of the cabins where the beds can't be reconfigured.

Has anybody had this issue before with an accessible cabin or someone that has stayed in this cabin know if it can be changed to a queen? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You!!

If you go to the Emerald Princess deck plans and click on your cabin:

http://www.princess.com/deckPlans.do?shipCode=EP

the notes there say

Special Notes:

WHEELCHR ACCESSIBLE QUAD CABIN/2 UPPERS

Because it is a quad cabin the cruise personalizer does not allow you to select Queen bed configuration.

Your steward should be able to remake the twin beds into a queen as long as neither of the uppers are in use.

Hopefully this is still the case in an accessible cabin, and someone who has stayed in such cabin will come back to confirm.

But if A301 or A304 are available you may just want to switch to those cabins which do not have uppers.

Edited by fishywood

That I guess is the problem my 11 YO grand daughter is going to be with us. We never had an issue in the mini's because she always slept on the sofa bed. Well hopefully with only 1 upper in use we can still put the other bed as a queen otherwise my DH is going to a fit. May actually have to cancel he'll not sleep alone in a twin bed. I guess worse case scenario I'll have to re-book for next year. :loudcry: Or possibly I can check about getting a rollaway bed for her, she'd probably like that better than climbing up into that bunk anyways.

I was afraid that would be the case. Searching for pictures of quad standard-balcony cabins their layout really leaves no room to push the lowers together. But clearly those were not pictures of accessible cabins. Your best bet, barring someone who has stayed in a quad accessible cabin coming forward, would be to appeal for the necessity of a rollaway. Perhaps by contacting the medical department saying having a Queen bed for you is essential to your condition. Which you should be sure to confirm in writing as only a very limited number of rollaways are allowed each voyage.

We have sailed on Princess in a quad accessible cabin, both balcony and ocean view. We talk with the cabin steward once onboard, have the twins made into a queen and request a roll away. It's always worked. That being said, the roll away is the most uncomfortable bed I've ever slept on. If luggage permits, bring a mattress topper or blow up mattress.

• 2 weeks later...