need info on trans. in NOLA for handicap and scooter/chairs

peachcrek

I am looking for any information on shuttle service from airport to the port of new orleans seem Carnival has canceled the service for a couple who is coming in with electric/scooter chair and now are looking for a way to the port, also after the cruise there are no available vans or taxie service to accomadate them from port to their Hotel on st Charles street down by the garden district has anyone any information on any kind of service or Numbers we can contact to arrange something for them and now possiably back to the airport after their stay in Nola has anyone had problems like this in New Orleans, in past or present, The RTA has handi cap access but it is limited we have contacted every organization in Nola and have come up empty handed so if you are a handicap person and needed transportation what did you do or if anyone on the forum knows of any thing please e mail me peachcrek@aol.com with any information the cruise is in FEB 2014 and we need to set somthing up for these folks thankyou!!!!!!

I am looking for any information on shuttle service from airport to the port of new orleans seem Carnival has canceled the service for a couple who is coming in with electric/scooter chair and now are looking for a way to the port, also after the cruise there are no available vans or taxie service to accomadate them from port to their Hotel on st Charles street down by the garden district has anyone any information on any kind of service or Numbers we can contact to arrange something for them and now possiably back to the airport after their stay in Nola has anyone had problems like this in New Orleans, in past or present, The RTA has handi cap access but it is limited we have contacted every organization in Nola and have come up empty handed so if you are a handicap person and needed transportation what did you do or if anyone on the forum knows of any thing please e mail me peachcrek@aol.com with any information the cruise is in FEB 2014 and we need to set somthing up for these folks thankyou!!!!!!

Contact the Hotel to determine if they provide shuttle service from the Port to the Hotel. If they do and it's not wheelchair accessible than per ADA Law the Hotel is required to arrange private accessible transportation. If the hotel charges able body people for this service than they cannot charge you any more that that price regardless how much the private transportation costs. If the Hotel offers this service free to able body people than it must also be provided free to you.

All else fails I suggest you contact the Mayor's office . Here's the information.

Main (504) 658-4000

1300 Perdido St.

New Orleans, LA 70112

Archived