sea sick

capsfloyd

Just wondering how many get Woozy feeling on cruise

How do you prepare

My self I wear the patch behind my ear

When our kids was with us we came out of Galveston on 7 day v cruise. Coming back in we were behind hurricane Humberto

Capt slowed down making it a 8 day cruise. We were In high waves 15 -20 ft . They cancelled all activities on the boat. Carnival gave out FREE alcohol . I saw a lot of people sick on that one ..

So have you ever been sea sick??

I've been sick just once out of 6 cruises, that was on the first day of a transatlantic crossing and the waves were enormous. Unfortunately because we've never experienced it before we hadn't prepared and just had to ride it out. My friend was much worse than me and was in bed for a day after. The ship only had homeopathic remedies which were a bit like chewing on chalk.

The ship staff left sickbags in all the stairwells so we certainly weren't alone.

Thankfully this is rare and on most cruises I've ever done I've barely felt the ship moving at all. I hope that trend continues for the next one!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

The only time I've ever been seasick was on a shore excursion in St Martin. The small boat we took to get to our excursion rocked back and forth like a swing. I was fine once we were on shore. On the ship....never. The ship doesn't rock enough for me to become nauseous.

I've never been sea sick, not even in the rough Drake Passage. I do know that I gave up taking drugs to have fun many years ago. Drugs (including alcohol) are not my friend.

If cruising required me to put any type of drug (OTC or prescription) in my body, I just wouldn't cruise. I can do lots of things that are fun without the drugs.

I know that statement will fire many people up here on Cruise Critic but it is how I do things and I appreciate all that refrain from telling me how wrong my way is.

On all of our 6 (7 day sailings) the only one in our party who got "queezy" was DH.

It was right after a hurricaine when we sailed and the Eastern Carribean was a little (no a lot) wavy.

We did not use our scop patches that time because he wanted to save them:eek: (for what I dont know but he did not put it on).

After that----- the day we sail, when we get up in the morning, we place it on and in about an hour you get a dry mouth. Now you start drinking fluids(water, and I think the hydration is what keeps you from getting sick) , and ever since he has been fine.

Some people do not like the visual changes scop patch causes but, I can handle it as long as I dont get sick.

It works for us so we stay with them.

Sea Ya

After 30+ cruises, I've sworn off the "R" ships which are about 600 passengers. I hadn't been sick on 29 cruises...30 was on the Azamara Quest and I was sick for 3 of the 4 sea days. I always take Meclazine before I board a ship. Meclazine didn't work on the Quest and this was in the Caribbean....can't imagine a TA in a small ship. DH wasn't bothered...he never is...he was just bored.

I have always been incredibly travel sick on cars, boats, coaches even fair gound rides . I was very nervous about my first cruise and stocked up on medication. I have never needed it once ( only cruised in Med and Baltic, never Caribbean). On my second cruise I was suffering from vrtigo and still was never sick. Those stabilisers work a treat! Hope you are ok.