boarding behind the crowds boarding the Epic?

trish1c

We don't care about being 1st on board. We would prefer to avoid the crowds if at all possible.

Is there a later time we can arrive to minimize the wait time in line? I was thinking about 1:30?

We were on the Epic last month and arrived at the port at what should have been prime time (11:30), and, honestly, there was no crowd. It was probably the fastest check in I have ever experienced. We were on the ship in about 45 minutes total. There was a short line to get through security, but even that moved fast. The problem with arriving late is that you may miss lunch (not that you will starve, of course), but I would not let the fear of crowds keep you from arriving earlier. The ship boards from two terminals, so perhaps that is why there is not much of a crowd. Perhaps my experience was an anomaly, but it seemed to be a smooth operation.

We don't care about being 1st on board. We would prefer to avoid the crowds if at all possible.

Is there a later time we can arrive to minimize the wait time in line? I was thinking about 1:30?

Regardless of the ship (megaships that use two terminals in Miami have almost twice as much passengers so passengers per terminal is about the same) I have noticed that arriving relatively early is the best way to go - even if not trying to be first ones onboard.

We usually arrive around 10:30-11:30 and have usually gone through check-in process quite quickly but when looking down on the pier after lunch (around 1pm-2pm), there have often been lines going around the terminal building. Of course there might have been problems etc causing the lines, but I'll sure try my best always to arrive before noon.

• 4 weeks later...
We were on the Epic last month and arrived at the port at what should have been prime time (11:30), and, honestly, there was no crowd. It was probably the fastest check in I have ever experienced. We were on the ship in about 45 minutes total. There was a short line to get through security, but even that moved fast. The problem with arriving late is that you may miss lunch (not that you will starve, of course), but I would not let the fear of crowds keep you from arriving earlier. The ship boards from two terminals, so perhaps that is why there is not much of a crowd. Perhaps my experience was an anomaly, but it seemed to be a smooth operation.

We had same experience. We sailed on 1/18/15. Got to terminal around 12:15 and the line was always moving...we also too about 35-40 minutes to get to O'Sheehans for lunch.