Anguilla

Megs867

While we've not taken the ferry, we have been to Anguilla on a Star Clipper cruise that departed St. Maarten the day before. Anguilla is a beautiful island that is absolutely worth visiting. But it's most likely a beach day with maybe a modest tour of the sites. There's significantly less to do over there than on St. Maarten so unless you've exhausted you options for fun, I wouldn't make the trip. I do believe there's ground transportation there if one goes.

Here's how I view the entire area. St. Maarten (both French and Dutch) could easily serve as base for a week or two vacation experience. I'd personally mix in a couple of nights over at St. Bart's at the beginning or end of the trip and possibly consider Anguilla for maybe a day-trip catamaran from Marigot, if that's an option.

Hope that helps.

Anyone ever take the ferry to Anguilla? Is it costly, reliable and is there transportation available once your on Anguilla?Worth the trip?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My son just got back from St. Maartin and said the ferry was $12 per person. This includes the ride there and back.

• 2 months later...