A Benefit of the Upgrade Option

sjh422

I placed on bid on my September cruise at the 80 day mark. Today, i saw that there was a price reduction on that same cabin on which I bid. I checked in to upgrading to the lower price but found out by doing so that the current offered freebies and amenities were not nearly as good as what I already had. The advantage to the upgrade bid program is that you get to keep the original options, so I will take my chances and hope that my upgrade bid is accepted,

Two different things going on here.

Prices often change on a cabin. Sometimes lower, sometimes higher. Sometimes they had "stuff" to the price, sometimes not. If the price goes down, you can book it with the new price and the new "package". Of course, if you are within the no-cancel portion, you can not cancel and you just get what you get.

Upgrade bidding allows you to bid on a higher cabin. Sometimes the price is good, sometimes it is not. The one thing they CURRENTLY allow with the bidding program is to carry the freebies (booze, food, etc) over to the new upgraded cabin.

Lots of variables. You have to pick what works for you.

We looked into bidding for an upgrade our spa minisuite to a spa Havens on the Breakaway last month. It was cheaper to pay the difference in price (and get all of the perks) than bidding in the poor-fair range. We paid and were very happy with the additional perks.

We looked into bidding for an upgrade our spa minisuite to a spa Havens on the Breakaway last month. It was cheaper to pay the difference in price (and get all of the perks) than bidding in the poor-fair range. We paid and were very happy with the additional perks.

Bingo!

Sometimes that is the best way to go.