Tortola beaches

amberjohn

There are nice shops close to port, Sunny Caribbee is a great little spice and rub shop. Pusser's Road Town Pub is an English-style tavern and they have a nice clothing store. No beaches close, sorry, it's mainly a marina area.

However in the time it would take to walk to a beach you can taxi to Cane Garden Bay or Brewers Bay in 20 minutes for $8pp each way. Taxis are easy to get both ways. You will find descriptions of the beaches in the thread titled The Gorgeous Beaches...

We would head for Brewers and leave enough time to hit these shops before getting back on the ship. I know many folks don't research Tortola and as a result just stay on or close to the ship, and it would be almost tragic not to see at least some of the beauty if the island. There are lots of other threads here from folks that may be helpful as well.

There is really no reason to book any excursions through the ship, especially on such a short port stop.

[EDIT] I meant to add there are drivers at the port offering 2 - 3 hour group island tours at very reasonable prices, some including a beach stop at CGB. That would be a great way to see some of Tortola with a beach stop and have some time left. The nice gals at the visitor center are very helpful if you have questions when you arrive.

Enjoy your day on Tortola!

Edited by blue_water

Til 1:00 pm leaves plenty of time to grab taxi or share one the group vans to Cane Garden ,which happens to be my favorite beach of any Caribbean cruise port

Just another opinion of course and YMMV:cool:

Srpilo

We are on the Gem in January and they are starting to add excursions daily. Tortola is the only port we are thiking of using Norergian plans because of short time.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Like Blue Water, we love going to Brewer's ...

BUT with such a very short port time we would be most likely to book an excursion thru NCL so there would be no worries about getting back to the ship on time. ;)

Like Blue Water, we love going to Brewer's ...

BUT with such a very short port time we would be most likely to book an excursion thru NCL so there would be no worries about getting back to the ship on time. ;)

Always a great idea on an early and short port day! :)