Norwegian Epic - What time do you get off in Civitavecchia?

amurray88

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone can help - on our itinerary it says we dock at 6am, is anyone able to say what time you actually get off the ship at Civitavecchia please?

Also - we are going to walk to the train station as early as possible - is this wise or should we wait and get a bus to the train station?

Thanks!

Anthony

Usual start of disembarkation is around 30 minutes after the ship docks and cleared.

The distance of the train station from the port entrance is about a mile. You can take the shuttle from the ship to the port entrance, then take a taxi or wait for a bus, or walk a mile if your prefer to.

The "old" entrance to the port was much closer to the train station. Somebody decided to more the entrance and it is now quite a bit further. Not quite as easy as some older reviews might lead you to think. Possible? Yes. Reasonable... not so sure. We did it recently.

Thank you!

Are you able to walk from the ship to the train station or is it best to get the bus to the entrance to the pier? We're hoping to get as early a train as possible and just working out how best to do it.

The map I am using is from this page - http://www.civitavecchiaport.org/civitavecchia-port-map/ and on google maps it shows it as about a 25minute walk.

Thanks again!

Anthony

Edited by amurray88

The "old" entrance to the port was much closer to the train station. Somebody decided to more the entrance and it is now quite a bit further. Not quite as easy as some older reviews might lead you to think. Possible? Yes. Reasonable... not so sure. We did it recently.

What makes it difficult? Are there sidewalks?

Thank you!

What makes it difficult? Are there sidewalks?

Thank you!

I thought it was a fairly easy walk. We didn't have luggage though, so can't talk for how easy it would be in that case.

The walk from the old port exit to the train station is very straight forward. The extra bit you now have to do is slightly harder, mainly as it isn't just one straight road with wide pavements. It's not hard though (potential luggage issues excepted).

I thought it was a fairly easy walk. We didn't have luggage though, so can't talk for how easy it would be in that case.

The walk from the old port exit to the train station is very straight forward. The extra bit you now have to do is slightly harder, mainly as it isn't just one straight road with wide pavements. It's not hard though (potential luggage issues excepted).

Thank you! Can I just check - can you walk directly from the boat or do you need to get the bus to the port exit? We won't have luggage or anything so just be going straight down. Do you have an estimated walk time too?

Thanks,

Anthony

You have to take their bus once on port property.

As to the walk from the train station to the bus... we wound up following another couple.. we may have backtracked a bit...not sure. All four of us had one roll aboard each. Walk was not terrible, but just a bit of a stretch. If no luggage at all, you surely can do it.

Check out the map

Actually, I'm not sure that you have to take the port bus. I used to think you did, but I have seen people walking and have read here that it isn't compulsory. You certainly have to take the bus in Livorno, but Civitavecchia isn't as clear.

Usual start of disembarkation is around 30 minutes after the ship docks and cleared..

Hi - I wondered if the 30 min you quote is generally true for NCL in Europe or specific to Rome? I am trying to figure out when we will be able to disembark in Hamburg.

Hi - I wondered if the 30 min you quote is generally true for NCL in Europe or specific to Rome? I am trying to figure out when we will be able to disembark in Hamburg.

Port Bus now compulsory but free.