Flying in morning of, MCO??

tbag124

First let me say, i am always against doing this! I know there can be delays, weather, etc and I normally will not chance it. However, I'm having a hard time finding reasonable flights for our cruise, with times that work.

We can take a 6am flight out of Trenton that will put us at MCO at 826am. Even with some delay, we'd have some wiggle room. And for a really good price. We'd also be able to save on no hotel for Saturday night and we will probably get a Cars suite for 1 night on the way home and could more easily justify that. And take Disney transport and not have to worry about car seats.

What do you think? Honest opinions welcome. Have you flown in the morning of? Has it worked out or was it a nightmare?

I'll be buying trip insurance but would of course hate to miss the 1st 2 days and have to fly to Cozumel to catch the ship.

(x posting on Disney forum also)

I'm assuming this is non-stop. So, look for next available flights out of Trenton. Any airline. Watch those for seat availability. Have them and the airlines phone numbers on your smart phone. If your flight gets delayed or cancelled, you'll need to know what your options are, the sooner the better. And keep your ship's emergency contact information, should be on your booking documents, with you in case there are delays.

I'd say go for it. Being May, weather shouldn't be an issue. If it's a direct flight, that reduces any other delays.

I'd advise buying the best trip interruption insurance you can.

That's a chance I'd be willing to take.

If it's the same price, I would book the air with the cruise line.

Like you, I also have a hard time finding flights out of San Francisco, non-stop to MCO. Our flight cost as much as the cruise itself.

Our cruise is on May 22nd with RCI-Enchantment of the Seas and we are flying out on May 21st on a red eye flight.

We decided to book our flights directly with Royal Caribbean Choice Air. It's about $10 more than on the airline website, but I'm willing to give them that $10 for insurance. That's one good thing about booking your air with a cruise line.