Miniture wonderland in Hamburg

Yes, you should definitely pre-book your tickets as on some days ( esp. weekends) they sell out quickly and you can choose the date and time of your visit on the website without having to pre-pay. Just bring the e-mail confirmation with you to pay for the tickets when you arrive at the chosen time.

The distance from the port depends on where you dock - it's not far from Cruise Center Hafencity ( about 1 km = 740 yards) or take a bus. Hamburg Cruise Center Altona you'd need to take a bus or a taxi.

Just an FYI -- As noted, you can reserve a particular time in advance and then go to the front of the line if you arrive in your 30 or 60 minute window. But here's a further tip -- you can also buy your tickets in advance and have them mailed to you. It costs about 3 euros for shipping to the USA and took about 2 weeks. When you do that, once you have the tickets in hand, you can use the ticket numbers to pre-book your visit time. There are better times available this way and longer time slots in which to arrive. For example, when I went to reserve a time slot for our visit in July several times were unavailable, but once I got our tickets the day was wide open. Just an FYI. Of course, the downside is that if your plans change you're stuck with having paid for the tickets.

• 1 month later...

One person in our group of six is really into minis. For us the one hour behind the scenes for six was great. There are some tight spots to squeeze through. One of the best parts is how the airport runs and how battery cars are charged. It added about 15 euro each but was very good. Our ship was in Kiel and almost all of our Hamburg time was viewing minis. Not sure how but the timing worked out great for a 1110 tour start after HAL bus ride then a short walk.

fyi the one in St Petersburg is also great.

sightcrr

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's absolutely wonderful.

My wife was complaining why we would waste time to go and see toy trains, but after 4 hours there she still wanted to stay longer.

Be prepared for serious crowds and pushing and shoving. Take no prisoners. This is not a place to be polite and let kids in front. Too bad, I say in this instance. You want to get to the front.