Private Beach

FunKeith

We will be at Grand Turk on my wife's birthday. I was wondering if there are any excursions that take you to a private beach for a couple of hours for a romantic get away. I found one but we would have to fly to another island and back and we are only in port for 6 hours. I am not trying to be anti-social, just romantic. Renting a skiff and going it on our own is also an option. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Keith

I am not aware of any excursions, but if you turn to the right at the end of the pier after getting off the ship and walk down the beach, you will eventually find yourself alone, or at least very few people. Most people stay in the port area or go towards Jack's Shack, which is to the left of the pier getting off the ship.

The most secluded beach that doesn't get a lot of people there would be Governor's beach (from what I've seen and heard most on these boards). Although it is a public beach, there's no vendors or anything there (other than a bathroom/shower/foot wash) so not many people come here. It's a beautiful place too from the sand to the water.

Take a look at my review on it with TONS of pictures from a few months ago. You could walk there or take a cab or even rent a golf cart (like we did) and go. It's possible you might even find another secluded spot on the island by using a golf cart as well. You just never know. We found areas that no one was at. :)

• 1 month later...