Luggage tags and Norwegian

koss78b2

Just did a cruise with Norwegian. So a question i had, not that i was really needed of the service, on Disembark day , last day. i more less just got off early and carried my bags off with me, which i thought was best and enjoyed it.

But out of cruise proper service? was i supposed to be supplied a form and a tag regardless suppled from Cruiseline etc?

thanks as i never got anything

Generally you are asked a few days before debarkation what time you want to get off - and have your bags taken the night before - or if you wish to self-disembark and carry your bags off yourself (the method to insure you get off earliest). If you choose to self-disembark, you do not need tags, and you will not be given them.

Of course, you could request a boarding time, get the tags, and still carry your bags off yourself if you feel you need the then-useless tags as a souvenir -- but by doing that you could be causing another passenger to not get the time they would prefer.

We always walk off and get luggage tags that everyone in our cabin category gets. We leave them in our cabin and follow the directions we've gotten about disembarkation. This has been true for NCL and the other lines we cruise on.

With NCL, if you choose to leave your bags out the night before, you go down to guest services and pick the time you want to get off the ship and then pick the corresponding color of luggage tags.

If the line lets everybody PICK their time (as opposed to RREQUESTING preferred time), there will be little control - if everybody picks the same time, then everyone's luggage will be off-loaded with no timing applied. The reason well-run debarkations have controlled, staggered times is to limit the amount of luggage which must be combed through at any one time. Sure, it may be great to be able to pick your precise time, but it is a whole lot better if the luggage of 3.000 (or more) people is not put off at the same time.

I have never been impressed with NCL's embarkation, or debarkation, procedures.

When we used to leave our bags out last night we'd go to guest services and tell them we have a 12-13 hour drive home and request a luggage tag that will allow us to be first off. We were always given one. This was before you could walk off.

This spring, on NCL, we were in the longest line I have ever seen on any cruise ship to walk off or for anything else on the ship! (We've been on about 100 cruises.) The line wrapped around the bow way down the side of the ship. It seemed like 1/2 of the passengers ere walking off! This is another reason for us to hate NCL!