Flying from uk to maimi.

asda

We are flying from uk to miami to join ncl epic in feb next year.

We have booked a package through ncl . Flights. Hotel, transferes. Cruise.

Who would be best to fly with (BA) British airways or (AA)American airlines.

Which is best for

Food and drinks

Leg room

Entertainment.

Both are economy flights.

Have NCL given you a choice?

Hi. They give us the flights yesterday and we weren't flying from manchester till 12. O'clock. And arriving in miami at 8pm. These were with BA. So I asked my travel agent if there were earlier ones . This is going at 8am and getting into miami at 4pm which is better but its American Airlines who I haven't flown with before. So not sure if I have made right decision changing. What do you think? By the way we are down the road from you in Bolton.lol

There is a brand new airline "Norwegian Air" flying from London (Gatwick) to Ft Lauderdale... They are not connected with NCL... They are flying brand new Boeing dreamliners... The fares are a bargain around $300 US each way.

Just for your information.

TTFN

David

There is a brand new airline "Norwegian Air" flying from London (Gatwick) to Ft Lauderdale... They are not connected with NCL... They are flying brand new Boeing dreamliners... The fares are a bargain around $300 US each way.

Just for your information.

TTFN

David

Yes, but...be aware the advertised economy fares do not include food or baggage, etc. This is a budget airline so expect additional costs. I agree that it should be an option with the 787s, tho I would suggest anyone considering this airline read reviews.

Sent from my iPad

Hi. They give us the flights yesterday and we weren't flying from manchester till 12. O'clock. And arriving in miami at 8pm. These were with BA. So I asked my travel agent if there were earlier ones . This is going at 8am and getting into miami at 4pm which is better but its American Airlines who I haven't flown with before. So not sure if I have made right decision changing. What do you think? By the way we are down the road from you in Bolton.lol

Confused :confused:....so you are not going with the package from NCL - or are they allowing you to change the flights??

The only time we've used cruise line arranged airfare (it was a LONG time ago and not with NCL) we had zero say in the flight choice or anything about the arrangements - include seat selection. :eek: :o

Defenitely BA.

We flew home with AA from Miami once (2012) and they used an old 767, no personal entertainment system and we had to pay for drinks.

Confused :confused:....so you are not going with the package from NCL - or are they allowing you to change the flights??

The only time we've used cruise line arranged airfare (it was a LONG time ago and not with NCL) we had zero say in the flight choice or anything about the arrangements - include seat selection. :eek: :o

Hi. We booked with ncl we choose the date.cruise.cabins. They choose our flights transfers and our hotel. But the flights weren't that good so our TA rang ncl and they swapped them for us but she said they don't usually. but because it hadn't been set in stone they changed it. But not sure now we have made right decision .

British....I can't stand American Airlines when flying here so I'd avoid them on a transatlantic flight for sure, haha. I was under the impression that British Airlines had some amazing in-flight stuff, but I've never flown w/ them so I don't speak from experience.

It's very difficult to compare domestic flights to international since most use different planes for those routes.

FWIW, AA is currently renovating many of their international planes and I expect they will be nicer. Just be sure to review which plane you'll be on and you can determine, with some certainty, if it will be a recently updated plane or not.

As for BA, I flew them once in coach and won't jump at the chance to do so again. Business, on the other hand, I understand is excellent.

Sent from my iPad

If you get on one of AA's newer planes, you'll have a fine time, seatback entertainment and all that you'd expect. They are updating most of their planes, I believe.

The 767-300 (sometimes called 763) is one to avoid.

All the 777s have on demand entertainment.

Do use seatguru.com as another person mentioned so you know which seats are good, and if you just hover over the seats you'll see if they have tvs or not.

I don't like BA and would only choose them over AA if the AA option was a 767 - trans Atlantic flights without seat back tv is just too miserable for me.

I should clarify that I'm only talking about economy here - no experience on AA or BA with business, alas. I travel to the US at least once a year since the late 90s, and I must admit that the only flights I've taken in all that time without seatback entertainment have been those awful AA 767s and Air India, back when I used to get a flight London-Chicago for $300 return... Ah, memories!

If you get on one of AA's newer planes, you'll have a fine time, seatback entertainment and all that you'd expect. They are updating most of their planes, I believe.

Do use seatguru.com as another person mentioned so you know which seats are good, and if you just hover over the seats you'll see if they have tvs or not.

I don't like BA and would only choose them over AA if the AA option was a 767 - trans Atlantic flights without seat back tv is just too miserable for me.

I should clarify that I'm only talking about economy here - no experience on AA or BA with business, alas. I travel to the US at least once a year since the late 90s, and I must admit that the only flights I've taken in all that time without seatback entertainment have been those awful AA 767s and Air India, back when I used to get a flight London-Chicago for $300 return... Ah, memories!

The AA 767-300s are some of the planes undergoing retrofit. More info:

http://www.aa.com/i18n/amrcorp/newsroom/fp_invest_intl_widebody_fleet.jsp

Sent from my iPad

The problem is that you never know which plane they will use! I don't think that BA has anything in their fleet which is as bad as AA's 763!

Having recently flown to Miami with AA, I would opt for BA flights, you can pick your seats well in advance and the on-board entertainment is a lot better with BA. We recently had NCL flights to New Orleans via Miami and although a BA partner flight we could not pick our seats for the first leg to Miami because we booked 'outside' the USA with AA, we ended up with centre seats. The service on board each airline was excellent, the AA plane was a little tired and dated though. I got a little miffed because I can book a seat whenever I book with BA. If you book within the USA with AA the same applies. We flew home from San Francisco with BA and we booked our seats well in advance.:D, have fun :D

It's funny you say that about the seat booking as it's just the opposite here! For my upcoming flight to the states , we're going out on AA and back on BA. We've booked the seats outbound on AA for free. BA are charging €40 each to book a seat now. It will only be free at 24 hours before departure. Same for our flights later in the year to Rome on BA, a charge to book seats. We always fly cheapest economy though and aren't any special frequent flyer levels as we use so many different airlines (9 this year I think!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's funny you say that about the seat booking as it's just the opposite here! For my upcoming flight to the states , we're going out on AA and back on BA. We've booked the seats outbound on AA for free. BA are charging €40 each to book a seat now. It will only be free at 24 hours before departure. Same for our flights later in the year to Rome on BA, a charge to book seats. We always fly cheapest economy though and aren't any special frequent flyer levels as we use so many different airlines (9 this year I think!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, the earlier post about reserving seats doesn't make sense to me, either. BA charges for reserving a seat, even in business class, and only permits reservations without fee 24 hours in advance of flight. AA has always permitted seat reservations as soon as ticket is purchased. Perhaps NCL has a better deal with BA that includes seat reservations - if so, it would be one reason to consider buying via them.

Advance seat reservations on BA is just another post purchase fee that is often not included in total cost, similar to baggage fees (tho most carriers still include at least one bag for transatlantic flights).

Sent from my iPad