Can't get promotion

mrobstad

It's a shame studio guests are not eligible for the special UDP or drink package on NCL. My February studio cost over $1000 and my Breakaway holiday studio was $1500! And no drink package??? Suite guests are paying less pp.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It's a shame studio guests are not eligible for the special UDP or drink package on NCL. My February studio cost over $1000 and my Breakaway holiday studio was $1500! And no drink package??? Suite guests are paying less pp.

Yup, studios are not the "deal" for solos they purport to be.

Always make sure to price out the cost of other cabins. Sometimes you can pay the same (or less!) for a larger non-Studio, if they've lowered the single supplement. You can get the UDP or UBP with a balcony or above.

It's a shame studio guests are not eligible for the special UDP or drink package on NCL.

Just curious: How/where did you learn of this limitation? It doesn't appear to be stated as such in NCL's related "terms and conditions" (at least I can't find it).

If it was something you were blocked from booking ONLINE, did you call an actual person at NCL (preferably a supervisor or manager) to confirm the limitation?

Edited by mtwingcpa

I just called NCL and asked if I upgraded my room from a studio to a balcony would I receive 2 promotions as I am paying 2 fares. I was told no because it is based on double occupancy. So I can pay the double occupancy fare but not get the double occupancy benefit. Doesn't seem fair to me.

When u look at the price grid and it has a purple or colored bar, it's not on studios. It's also stated in print that it's for balconies and above. I don't think interiors get it either. But, considering that studios are 150% of interiors, it just seems more fair to base it on amount paid pp.

While the beverage and dining promotion are based on the individuals in the cabin, the on board credit is cabin based, so I did receive the full $200 OBC for an oceanview, making it a good value for me.

When u look at the price grid and it has a purple or colored bar, it's not on studios. It's also stated in print that it's for balconies and above. I don't think interiors get it either.

OK, I get it. You are referring ONLY to the current "Freestyle Choice" PROMOTION (wherein the UDP or UBP might be included for "free" with your fare). When I looked at that this morning it said "excluding studios and inside."

I misunderstood. I thought you were referring generally to the availability of the "ultimate dining" and "ultimate beverage" packages which, as near as I can tell, are available for purchase by ALL passengers regardless of cabin class or occupancy count (subject to their usual rules and restrictions).

On one of my NCL cruises they were offering a "2-for-1" special in the specialty restaurants. I was traveling alone, so they gave me a 50% discount. Just sayin'. ;-)