Solo Cruisers on Azamara

gimletgal

I am hoping that some of you seasoned Azamara cruisers can tell me how the atmosphere on board is for solo cruisers. I know I will be in the minority, but I am hoping there will be other solos on board as well.

Any insight/thoughts will be greatly appreciated!

I am hoping that some of you seasoned Azamara cruisers can tell me how the atmosphere on board is for solo cruisers. I know I will be in the minority, but I am hoping there will be other solos on board as well.

Any insight/thoughts will be greatly appreciated!

Hi Beth,

I went on my first solo cruise in March (West Indies) on Azamara Journey and I can honestly say that it was fantastic. I joined the forum, enrolled for the meet and mingle, posted questions etc and ended up booking a couple of private tours with people beforehand. There was a Cruise Critic meeting on the first night so met up with others straight away. My fellow passengers were the friendliest I have ever met on a cruise. Although there were not many other solo travellers it really never mattered. You could share a table in The MDR if you wanted to with others who also wanted to share or just do your own thing. I will definitely be doing it again.

Lovely ship with great, friendly people and some very happy memories. Enjoy

Olwen

Here's a blog post I wrote last August called "Sailing Solo, Happily."

And this past February I sailed on the Journey up the coast of Mexico, alone.

I found dining at the singles table in the Discoveries Restaurant quite fun. Just show up at the Discoveries bar at the designated time (I can't remember what it was but the maitre de will tell you.) Over the course of just five days I met probably more people than whenever I sail a full cruise with my DH!

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/blog/sailing-solo-happily

Beth,

I doubt that you could find a better cruise line than Azamara for your solo cruise. I have taken several cruises with them as a solo and find the ship, the crew and the fellow passengers to be just wonderful.

On some cruises, they have a solo reception the first night shortly after the Cruise Critic reception. And on most cruises, they have tables dedicated for singles in the dining room. It is important to note, however, that it is very easy to meet couples of all ages. Everyone seems open to meeting new folks and, as far as I can tell, none care whether you are sailing alone.

Trust me, you are going to have a marvelous trip.

Frank

Thank you, everyone, for your comments! Having never sailed Azamara, I was just a little concerned that the vibe might be a little bit different than what I am used to on Celebrity.

I have always met wonderful people and now anticipate it will be the same on AZ. You have all put my mind at ease!

I have sailed solo with Azamara and it is up to you if you wish to remain on your own or if you want to join others. At first they have tried to put me in a table with other passengers, but since I prefer to remain on my own, I did not have any problem doing that. Enjoy it.

I have taken two cruises solo on ACC and have a third scheduled for August.

I enjoy the service, the generally well traveled and interesting people, and the small-ship atmosphere.

I usually found myself joining people at breakfast because there were not a lot of tables for 2 when I sailed on Quest. Lunch I am fine on my own. At dinner, maybe once a cruise I'll sit with a random table of people in the MDR, but usually I enjoy the theme nights in the buffet and just eat by myself. I get great service and can linger or not over my meal as I choose.

In the posting Bonnie recommended, I did describe my experience with one crew member who didn't seem to understand boundaries. He was the exception, but a creepy one. I am hoping I do not encounter him again. :(