V512 - 175 Ball Dress Code

KazzaCy

I'm on the QV 512 cruise next week and notice there's only one formal night.

It's the 175 Ball and I've just heard (unofficially) that the colour theme is black/red/gold (Cunard colours), but this isn't mentioned on my voyage personaliser. It would have been nice to be told this in advance. I'm disappointed that Cunard have not informed everyone :(

It's the 175 Ball and I've just heard (unofficially) that the colour theme is black/red/gold (Cunard colours), but this isn't mentioned on my voyage personaliser. It would have been nice to be told this in advance. I'm disappointed that Cunard have not informed everyone :(

I think you'll find the colour theme is so unofficial, hardly anyone complies. They didn't at the ball I went to a couple of weeks ago on Victoria. A couple of red bow ties and cummerbunds for the men; gold shoes, gold tops and shawls, black dresses/red dresses but nothing which would really distinguish the evening from another ball, apart from the b&w one.

There are two other threads on this topic which you might want to read

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2203045#

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2205882#

Unfortunately, the voyage personaliser doesn't tell you the colour theme for the 175 Ball, although you can find it here. https://ask.cunard.com/help/life-on-board/dress_code_all. The good news is that you can ignore the colour theme, as will probably most of your fellow passengers.

Thank you for your comments everyone. I'll check out the links.

Makes me wonder, if not many people follow the colour theme, maybe they weren't advised either ;)

Or maybe they're aware not many passengers follow the themes for the balls apart from possibly the b&w ball, and that's only because it's an easy code to follow anyway. ;)

I was just reading the vp for July 4th and was wondering the same re:175. Hopefully as that one should be an event people will have a go at the colours. Wish they had declared, as it is a "heritage" cruise, period dress to be worn. Seriously thinking about it as there is so much steampunk around now.

I was just reading the vp for July 4th and was wondering the same re:175. Hopefully as that one should be an event people will have a go at the colours. Wish they had declared, as it is a "heritage" cruise, period dress to be worn. Seriously thinking about it as there is so much steampunk around now.

If do you have any heritage cruise period dress than I suggest you bring it along for the Crossing of the July 2nd/4th trip .. you'll fit in very well.

Last week on the Victoria ( Remembering Lusitaina) there were several guests who ,dare I say, entertained us all by wearing period dress each evening .

Even at check-in one gentleman looked the part as if he was checking in for a Cunard Ocean Liner of yesteryear, complete with, Top Hat, Cane & Spats and three well used Steamer Trunks .:D

We were on Queen Elizabeth recently. I wore a purple dress and my husband, his usual black suit. There didn't appear to be any set colour dress code.

I would just wear what you feel comfy in. We had no knowledge of any particular colours. Cunard often give the wrong information out on these events anyway.