dining times

hlsess

If you login to "mysilversea.com" and go to dining reservation selection it appears to give you an hourly choice of reservation slots. My cruise is too early to know if this works but I don't see why it wouldn't. Also, your butler can assist with reservations after you are on board unless you have very specific plans for dining each night.

what are the choices for dining times in the reserved Dining rooms??
It's a not a true reservation system. So, you'll only be able to select one time; 7:00p. When you board you will find out which dining requests have been honored and at what time.
THx. It's not showing up yet. Cruise isn't until June. Curious what is served in each restaurant?
If you go to the SS website, you can find the information you seek regarding the various restaurant options on the ship you will be sailing.

THx. It's not showing up yet. Cruise isn't until June. Curious what is served in each restaurant?

Different dishes, you can look at the menus each day. Some menus change daily while others change weekly. One restaurant will have the same menu the entire cruise. Just relax, you will figure it all out the first couple of days...

It's a not a true reservation system. So, you'll only be able to select one time; 7:00p. When you board you will find out which dining requests have been honored and at what time.

I am trying to find out b/c we have a group of 12 - so If you request 7 PM you may very well get 8 or 9?

I am trying to find out b/c we have a group of 12 - so If you request 7 PM you may very well get 8 or 9?
Yes, that could happen. On our most recent voyage last month, one of our reservations ended up being set at 10:30p which was much too late for us, while another request to dine at Le Champagne wasn't available for the entire voyage. So, go ahead and submit your request for reservations and hopefully, it'll all be set to your liking when you board and receive your confirmations. If not, you can always work with the restaurant manager to change the assigned times to something you would prefer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
we were able to get all the early times- hope we aren't making a mistake going so early but my mother doesn't stay up late...
Good. But remember, like I said before, everyone requests the exact same time as you as the SS system isn't a true reservation system. So, you and everyone else is only able to select one time; 7:00p. When you board you will find out which of your dining requests have been honored and at what time.

Good luck and hopefully you'll get all of the venues at the time you prefer.

that's interesting b/c the TA was able to make 3 the day before and got confirmation from the ship and now the others are showing up each day at 7...so you can't request 8 or 9?
No, not through the online request tool you can't. I have no idea whether a TA can do anything different. I just know how the online tool works and then what happens when you board.

Good. But remember, like I said before, everyone requests the exact same time as you as the SS system isn't a true reservation system. So, you and everyone else is only able to select one time; 7:00p. When you board you will find out which of your dining requests have been honored and at what time.

Good luck and hopefully you'll get all of the venues at the time you prefer.

This has been our experience exactly. When we get on board and receive the cards with our dining times, if they are not what we prefer, we just see the mater'd and he has always changed the time to suit us.

This has been our experience exactly. When we get on board and receive the cards with our dining times, if they are not what we prefer, we just see the mater'd and he has always changed the time to suit us.
Yes, I agree that the ma?tre d' is helpful, but in our experience they are not always able to accommodate one's wishes, especially when the voyage is very full.

In the my Silversea there are three one hour consecutive block options, early, regular and late, with the early being 7 to 8.

We have never had an issue or been denied when we approached the dining venue. Since the on line reservation system, we do make reservations as soon as they are available.

I can also state that I have seen others who haven't made reservations be accommodated with nary a kerfuffle and much grace in other venues.

We rarely eat in the MDR but when we have done so, we have never had to wait for a table.

In any event, when you board, you are given a list of your dinner reservations for the specialty restaurants. I would review it and discuss with your butler if changes need to be made.