Has anyone used Serenity Tours?

canadarocks

My spouse and I recently booked a private tour with Serenity going to various places on the island. On the day of the tour I was getting concerned because there was a bit of last minute confusion with them picking us up but then they more than made up for it. The driver and tour guide were professional, knowledgeable, hardworking and overall wonderful and we had a great day with nice refreshments too. I had told them the several places we wanted to see and they put together a really interesting itinerary for us (we had done the "major" sights on a Spencer Ambrose tour previously). It was nice because we could stay as long or as little as we wished at each place. I would use Serenity again but recommend calling them to confirm before you get off the ship.

• 2 months later...

We spent a wonderful day in St Lucia in March and we will be returning next year. We ended up doing a fabulous island tour with Cosol, so we definitely want to head to Pigeon Island next year.

Does anyone have any information or opinions about Serenity Tours, and specifically their "Fun at the Beach" day?

Edited by canadarocks

We have a tour booked (13 people) in May. I confirmed with them about two weeks ago and plan to confirm once again just before we leave. Should I still call before we leave the ship?

We are not going to be on the beach tour, but the island tour. We are doing a B2B with many beach opportunities, so this will be the one day we plan to stay dry! I think the highlight of the tour for me will be the buffet lunch in the mountains overlooking the Pitons. That just sounds really special and relaxing. I will report back upon our return. If anyone has done their island tour I would love to hear a report - and see pictures!:)

We did a land and sea tour (van to the Pitons and boat along the coast back to the ship) with Serenity a couple of months ago. I thought they did a great job. Very organized, personable and attentive guides. The vans we took on the way to the Pitons were in good shape as was the boat coming back. I do, however, have a couple of comments or "advisories".

The first is that the guides were trying to be accommodating and offering the group options so we ended up spending a little longer at a couple of stops than I would have preferred and not enough at others. For example, I tend not to want to spend over an hour at a lunch when you have only a few hours to see an island but that's what the majority of the group wanted so that's what we did. Of course, that's the nature of a group tour when everyone has different interests and certainly is not a reflection on Serenity.

My second issue was with a store in Soufriere where the guides stopped to allow folks to get some souvenirs. Although the guides said they stopped there because it was great for local crafts, most of what we saw was the standard stuff you'd find in many port stores and was over-priced.

The biggest concern is that we got back to the ship only about 5-6 minutes before we were due. The trip back on the boat took quite a while and although the guides were telling us not to worry, a few of us were becoming a bit nervous. As we quickly walked up to the ship, there were the usual gawkers out on their balconies waiting for the "late-comers" show and we drew a couple of comments from them. The guides were right but I've never cut it quite that close getting back to a ship from an excursion before.

I'd definitely use Serenity again but will do a better job nailing down a few details before we book.

Thanks so much for the detailed review Bluewake! While it's a different tour I'm looking at, your point about fine tuning all of the details beforehand is definitely valuable.

We were minutes from missing the ship on another excursion (different island) and I know how stressful that can be! :eek:

• 1 month later...
We just returned from a tour with Serenity. We had a wonderful time! Read my complete review here. The day with Serenity begins with post #91.

We were back to the ship in plenty of time!

Glad your land tour went so well, but too bad about your mishap. Hope you recovered quickly. Good to know that you were pleased with Serenity Tours. :)