Travelling with teenage granddaughter

atm55

Pick one with lots of ports for excursions or a bigger/newer ship with water slides,ropes course/rock wall. Or better yet both good ports and lots of ship amenities. Breakaway/Getaway/Escape on NCL or Oasis Class ships onRCI would be my choices. Or do a port heavy Southern Carribean or even better European Cruise on any line.

I think I'd let her have a hand in choosing, and her parents, if they are invited. But I'm one of those crazies who thinks planning the trip is *almost* as fun as taking it, so I'd be sad if I didn't get to help choose.

I'd go with a RCI Oasis-class, NCL Getaway, or Carnival Vista cruise if I were a teen and not paying for it. :)

I think I'd let her have a hand in choosing, and her parents, if they are invited. But I'm one of those crazies who thinks planning the trip is *almost* as fun as taking it, so I'd be sad if I didn't get to help choose.

I'd go with a RCI Oasis-class, NCL Getaway, or Carnival Vista cruise if I were a teen and not paying for it. :)

Well, this is a gift, so I can't let her choose because it could cost way more than I am planning if it was up to her:). She will have fun planning when I give her the info. Her mother does not like to fly so she will not be coming, but thank you for that input. Now, on to researching Oasis, Getaway and Vista.

Well, this is a gift, so I can't let her choose because it could cost way more than I am planning if it was up to her. She will have fun planning when I give her the info. Her mother does not like to fly so she will not be coming, but thank you for that input. Now, on to researching Oasis, Getaway and Vista.

I am taking my niece on a cruise for her high school graduation gift. She has never cruised before but has heard about many of my cruises.

When I approached her, I first asked her if this would be something she would be interested in doing? I know several friends of mine have no interest in cruising. - they do not know what they are missing....

I asked her what were some of her interests to pinpoint on an itinerary and type of ship.

She was pretty easy - she just wanted hot weather, sun and beach.

So I selected the Allure of the Seas. This fit her criteria plus all of the benefits of a large ship has to offer. I am excited too I have been wanting to sail this ship so it should be a win- win!!!

I'd price out a few trips, and then give her options. For our family, the destination is more important than the ship. If she doesn't want the beach, Alaska, Baltics or Med or Panama Canal (Princess has a roundtrip 10 day panama canal that leaves from Ft. Lauderdale) would be interesting. If she just wants beaches, then pick one of the newer ships the above posters have mentioned.