The walk from Outrigger Reef to Hale Koa

dreamer976

We are staying at the Outrigger Reef on the Beach and will be going to a Luau at the Hale Koa (military) Resort. I'm sure the walk would be shorter if we walked the beach.

Does anyone know if there is a "beach walk", more like a sidewalk past the properties on Waikiki Beach, or would we have to walk in the sand? If the latter is the case, we might be better off with a quick taxi ride as the Hale Koa seems to be set far back into the property, with the luau area set even further back (closer to the beach).

The only part of Waikiki I have been to is the hale koa, and at least along there it has a walkway. If you look at Google maps sattelite imagery, it would appear there are boardwalks off and on between there and the outrigger, but at least some portions you'd be walking across sand.

~Katy

We are staying at the Outrigger Reef on the Beach and will be going to a Luau at the Hale Koa (military) Resort. I'm sure the walk would be shorter if we walked the beach.

Does anyone know if there is a "beach walk", more like a sidewalk past the properties on Waikiki Beach, or would we have to walk in the sand? If the latter is the case, we might be better off with a quick taxi ride as the Hale Koa seems to be set far back into the property, with the luau area set even further back (closer to the beach).

I'd take a quick taxi there and arrive sand free for the luau. Or walk down there street side. We did a long walk beachside from the Hilton Hawaiian Village past the Hale Koa down to the Halekulani once and another time to Dukes. It was off and on for the boardwalks, and even when there were boardwalks, at high tide the water washed over in places and you were either walking through standing water or wet sand or dodging waves.

You can always plan on a leisurely stroll down the beach side on your way back to your hotel after the luau.

There is sidewalk on the beach. Or you can walk out the front of the Outrigger Reef, turn left, walk past the Army Museum, and take the sidewalk across the park area and go into side entrance in HK garden area, and continue along the garden path right to the luau garden. Either way, about a 7 minute walk. We frequently walk to OR to eat at Shorebird, or at lunch, go to Subway in Waikiki Shore building.

There is sidewalk on the beach. Or you can walk out the front of the Outrigger Reef' date=' turn left, walk past the Army Museum, and take the sidewalk across the park area and go into side entrance in HK garden area, and continue along the garden path right to the luau garden. Either way, about a 7 minute walk. We frequently walk to OR to eat at Shorebird, or at lunch, go to Subway in Waikiki Shore building.[/quote']

This is the best way to get to the Hale Koa, and it is a very short walk. Don't spend your money on a taxi!:D

I was wondering if there is not a mobility issue if a taxi would even accept the fare. I know they would not where we live for such a short jaunt. I am happy to see that those who have actually walked between the two have responded, good info. Cherie

Thank you all so much for your information. There is, unfortunately, a mobility issue with, of course, myself. Because of chronic pain issues I walk extremely slow, usually with a cane.

If, however, the instructions posted by Cruz'n Couple are as quick and easy as they seem, that may be the way to go.

Thank you all again. :):)