Days Inn Bahia Cabana FLL?

SportsMomof4

Anyone been here? How was it? I am so limited with our options post cruise for our family of 5. Wanted to stay on the beach or near the beach. Bahia Mar or Marriott on the beach don't accommodate 5 per room :(. Days Inn can accommodate us. I don't want a run down place though.

We have had a meal at their dockside restaurnat/bar several times. Nice and casual for your family. Peeked in a room a while ago. It wasn't too bad as I recall. Remember thinking it could be worse. However I wasn't looking in the bathroom or for cleanliness. Problem would be if you had a room near the pool/restaurant as it can get pretty lively later at night. Go to tripadvisor and read recent reviews. It generally is lower cost and if for only one night, you might consider as it IS right across the street from the beach. Right by the water taxi stop too. Let us know what you thought if you do decide the stay.;)

Your other option would be to stay nearer the airport at one of the "suite" type chains. But then the location is not the best for experiencing Fort L. Christmas time and a family room could be tough on the budget when you mention beach. Another option something a little further north along the beach. There are some less fancy places on the beach.

Edited by eandj

I did not & try not to read reviews lol. It takes me so long to find something that will accommodate the 5 of us & if I start reading reviews I'll be left with nothing lol.

We are only there 1 night post cruise. Wanted to do the water taxi with the kids. We don't even need to stay near the beach. I was just trying to avoid multiple taxi rides. Taxi from POM to water taxi area then taxi to a hotel & what do I do with our bags :confused:. So many issues!

You ladies seem knowledgeable...can you suggest any ideas or hotels for me?

I did not & try not to read reviews lol. It takes me so long to find something that will accommodate the 5 of us & if I start reading reviews I'll be left with nothing lol.

We are only there 1 night post cruise. Wanted to do the water taxi with the kids. We don't even need to stay near the beach. I was just trying to avoid multiple taxi rides. Taxi from POM to water taxi area then taxi to a hotel & what do I do with our bags :confused:. So many issues!

You ladies seem knowledgeable...can you suggest any ideas or hotels for me?

I would not recommend taking a taxi from POM to Ft. Lauderdale. You will be looking at $85+ for the fare and if there are 5 of you with luggage you might need 2 taxi's. A cheaper alternative would be a shared shuttle service. As far as the hotel you asked about, it seemed to me to be a typical older Days Inn property. I only stopped there to visit the waterside bar that was there.

I'm sorry...I should have been clearer. For the ride from POM to the hotel we are booking a shuttle service. I meant the taxis back & forth from hotel to airport.

I did some more research & see the Embassy Suites would accommodate us & for just a little bit more that the DI so I booked it. Hope I made the right choice :rolleyes:.

Can anyone tell me how far it is walking distance from the area of the Days Inn Bahia Cabana?

Primary concern is that we can get on the water taxi near the ES & there will be restaurants nearby for dinner.

You don't have go to Bahia C for the water taxi if staying at Embassy. Go to the one near Hyatt Pierr 66. http://watertaxi.com See the info here.

There are several choices of restaurants and stores for last min items within a block or two of ES. It is located on 17th St which is a very busy road/draw bridge area.

Edited by eandj

I'm sorry...I should have been clearer. For the ride from POM to the hotel we are booking a shuttle service. I meant the taxis back & forth from hotel to airport.

I did some more research & see the Embassy Suites would accommodate us & for just a little bit more that the DI so I booked it. Hope I made the right choice :rolleyes:.

Can anyone tell me how far it is walking distance from the area of the Days Inn Bahia Cabana?

The Embassy Suites is a very good hotel. Lots of restaurants and shopping nearby within walking distance. The closest Water Taxi stop is at the Hilton Marina, it's about a 8-10 minute walk down 17th St. from the Embassy Suites. Glad to hear that you are using a shuttle service from Miami. Taxi fare from the Embassy Suites to the Ft. Lauderdale airport is about $14.

You don't have go to Bahia C for the water taxi if staying at Embassy. Go to the one near Hyatt Pierr 66. http://watertaxi.com See the info here.

There are several choices of restaurants and stores for last min items within a block or two of ES. It is located on 17th St which is a very busy road/draw bridge area.

No, the closest Water Taxi stop would be in front of the Hilton Marina underneath the 17th Street Causeway.

I think you're a bit confused and some of the advice given here is only confusing you more. Let me see if I can give you some clarity and some things to think about.

At $15 per person for a shuttle from POM to the Embassy Suites the total will be $75 plus tip for 5 people. I would do a one way car rental instead.

The closest Water Taxi stop from the Embassy Suites is in front of the Hilton Marina underneath the 17th Street Causeway. Tickets are $20 for adults and $13 for children 11 and under. The Family Pack for $60 is good for two adults and 3 children ages 5-11. If you're children are 12 and over then they would pay the adult fare of $20 each. Another reason to rent a car.

The Embassy Suites does not have an airport shuttle and one taxi (if you and all your luggage can fit into one taxi) to the airport would be $15-$20. Yet another reason to rent a car.

However, the Embassy Suites does charge $17 plus tax for self-parking. A reason I would consider Extended Stay America where the parking is free.

Edited by Florissouri

I think that you made a much better choice with ES. I can understand not wanting to get overwhelmed with reading reviews, but when it comes to Bahia Cabana, I would definitely read and pay attention to the bad ones, as they are really telling. It is about 2.5 miles from ES. You and your family can travel to the beach by bus 40 or by Suntrolley if you don't want to take a taxi. The closest water taxi stop at Hilton Marina is less than a mile walk...the water taxi is a nice way to spend the day, but if you are just looking for a ride somewhere, there are much less costly and more efficient ways to go, including regular taxis, for a family of 5.

Thank you for clearing everything up. Extended stay America is booked. DH is not thrilled with the ES choice since they only have double beds lol. Not sure what to do now :eek:!

If you need 2 big beds and a sofa bed for a reasonable fee maybe you should go back to Bahia Cabana. It's in a safe neighborhood, it's only one night, and it's at the beach. It's really close to the port too, compared to the beach hotels at the other end of the strip. It could be fun and your cruise will really feel 5 star after staying there. :)

If you decide that you want a cleaner more modern hotel that is not near the port or beach, Springhill Suites has what you want, and it is across the street from a big plaza with cinema, chain restaurants and arcade. They will give you free breakfast, shuttle from FLL, and shuttle to Port Everglades.

Edited by royalcruz

Thank you for clearing everything up. Extended stay America is booked. DH is not thrilled with the ES choice since they only have double beds lol. Not sure what to do now :eek:!

At the Embassy Suites if you and your husband do not want to share the bedroom with the kids, you can let the kids have the 2 double beds in the bedroom. You and hubby can use the sleeper sofa in the living room. It's just a suggestion or hopefully you can come up with a way to satisfy different sleeping arrangements.

If you need 2 big beds and a sofa bed for a reasonable fee maybe you should go back to Bahia Cabana. It's in a safe neighborhood, it's only one night, and it's at the beach. It's really close to the port too, compared to the beach hotels at the other end of the strip. It could be fun and your cruise will really feel 5 star after staying there. :)

If you decide that you want a cleaner more modern hotel that is not near the port or beach, Springhill Suites has what you want, and it is across the street from a big plaza with cinema, chain restaurants and arcade. They will give you free breakfast, shuttle from FLL, and shuttle to Port Everglades.

Thank you. At this point we may just stay at the Bahia. I have both booked so I leave it for a couple of days then decide. We want to stay by the beach so we can enjoy the water taxi for the day so SS isn't an option for us. Thank you for your help.

Did you check the Hyatt Place North? Not sure if they have queens or doubles, but I know they have rooms that sleep families.

valuetrips.com usually gives the best pricing if you book there. THis isn't on the beach but in a great location for restuarants, shopping and use of the Sun trolley to get around.

Edited by eandj

Anyone been here? How was it? I am so limited with our options post cruise for our family of 5. Wanted to stay on the beach or near the beach. Bahia Mar or Marriott on the beach don't accommodate 5 per room :(. Days Inn can accommodate us. I don't want a run down place though.

I booked this hotel for 5 people, for three nights before our cruise. After I

thought about it and read all the reviews . I also called the Days inn and asked a lot of questions. I did not like a lot of the answer , so I cancelled it.

After doing a lot of research and reading a lot of reviews. I found the "Napoli Belmar Resort" in Fort Lauderdale. It gets very good reviews, two blocks to the beach in a quiet area. It is older and privately owned. Just Google it. It is not listed on the bigger travel sites. The one bedroom suite has 2 queens and 1 twin bed. I like that better then a sofa bed. I called Napoli Belmar and booked over the phone.

NO!!!!!! Do not book this hotel for any reason!! We eat at the Bahia Cabana all the time (twice last week) and I always love to look inside the rooms and point out how horrible they are.

Sagging beds, nasty faded bedspreads, gross carpet, weird tvs, and that is just what I can see through the windows!

At least call and see if any of the rooms are renovated.

The plus side is the location is good, the food is good, and the views outstanding.