Vision of the Seas - Tips, etc.

Hello forum. My wife and I saw a great deal on a 5 day cruise on the Vision of the Seas. This will be our first cruise on RCCL. I know it's not the best boat, but living in Miami makes it easy to get last minute deals and not have to worry about traveling to get to the boat. So like I said, we saw the deal and booked it.

Now this is where I need your help. Any tips? Ideas? Hints? I have sailed NCL mega ships before. Will this one be too small? We are telling ourselves to not expect anything and just enjoy the vacation. Are the shows good? I see there are only a couple of restaurants. Is Chops worth the $35 price now?

Any tips would greatly be appreciated. Thanks everyone.

While Vision isn't mammoth, it is still a pretty large ship! Most folks like that it's a bit more intimate that the super-duper sized ships! I think for a shorter trip, with quick access to your home, you may come to love her!

While Vision isn't mammoth, it is still a pretty large ship! Most folks like that it's a bit more intimate that the super-duper sized ships! I think for a shorter trip, with quick access to your home, you may come to love her!

Thanks. We are hoping so. We leave 10/18.

Thanks. We are hoping so. We leave 10/18.

I was just gonna ask when you are sailing then saw youre on our cruise...come over to our roll call..kinda quiet but...do come join us. We love this class of ship. we enjoy the shows, trivia, food :D we have fun...did I mention 5 days without the kids??? We are booked at Chops (we like chops) and Izium never eaten there but Im gluten free and it's hard to find safe Asian so Im trying it. we are just a short drive from the the Sarasota area.

Dawn and Randall

[quote=ganggreen88;44336859

...... We are telling ourselves to not expect anything and just enjoy the vacation.

Hi,

I think that you already got the best tip .......right in your own post.

There are some rescent threads about the Vision.

One of them covers exactly what you are asking .

We are also going on the Vision and will be using your tip:

" We are telling ourselves to not expect anything and just enjoy the vacation."

Have fun and enjoy your vacation

Just got the vision today.. agree Park Café is a wonderful place for a quiet breakfast.. my son loves their version of the egg mcmuffin.......

they offer 20% off specialty dining the first night.... we prefer Giovanni's love their filet

Overall a very nice cruise.. would not hesitate to sail on her again one of the best crews we have seen in a long time... Capt Marek has done a great job

Rick