Belize Cruise Port

pajazz28

Only shops and some restaurants and bars (Wet Lizard is a great place, though). No beach nearby. You can do a walking tour of Belize City on your own, but not too much to see. Couple of museums and the Anglican Church and Brodies, downtown. Beleize City is a working city, not a tourist oriented city. So yes excursions are needed, but a tender to the pier (about 15-20 minutes) and a walk around the terminals is often the choice for many cruisers.

I think it is sad to visit such a beautiful country like Belize and never leave the port area. It is fabulous jungles and caves, and Mayan ruins all inland. Outer islands, hundreds of them, are spectacular with white sand beaches.

Do an excursion!

I do not see anything excursion on the cruise we are taking that remotely interest DW and myself. Any suggestions of excursion on our own, please help?

Well, if you aren't interested in viewing Mayan ruins, cave-tubing and/or zip lining, snorkeling or beach, then there is unfortunately little else.

A recent post on this board recommended looking up Rupert Young on FB and contacting him about city excursions. I know nothing about the guy. But there is a husband and wife team, Nacho and Cynthia can could assist in developing an excursion around your interests. Nacho is a fount of information on Belize if history interests you. Nacho can be reached via ncqbelizeadventures dot com.

I suggested Kent Young as a private tour guide. Friends recommended him that toured with him a couple of years ago. I am booked to tour with him the end of June. He will customize the tour to fit your interests and needs. Why not contact him and see if you would be a good fit?

siryoungtaxi@yahoo.com or 501-662-4597

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were just in Belize and did a tour with Belize Exotic Adventures. We did a tour of the ruins at Altun Ha, but they have lots of other tour options, and they were great to work with. If you don't see something you like you can call and talk to the owner, Nikolai, about what you would like to do.

• 1 month later...
I suggested Kent Young as a private tour guide. Friends recommended him that toured with him a couple of years ago. I am booked to tour with him the end of June. He will customize the tour to fit your interests and needs. Why not contact him and see if you would be a good fit?

siryoungtaxi@yahoo.com or 501-662-4597

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How did your excursion with Kent young go? We need to find something to do w a 7 and 3 yr old. Saw your post on CC. Already done mayan ruins, too young for tubing etc. Looking for a guide who may be willing to help us. Thx

Tiffany

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

He was awesome!!!! Speaks good English. Has young grandchildren so would be able to relate. His wife is a teacher and has a fantastic gift of storytelling. Is a safe driver. Very willing to customize your tour! Very reasonable pricing! I don't think you will be disappointed.

Tiffany, I shared your question with Kent Young and he asked me to tell you that he has the perfect tour for your young children.

How did your excursion with Kent young go? We need to find something to do w a 7 and 3 yr old. Saw your post on CC. Already done mayan ruins, too young for tubing etc. Looking for a guide who may be willing to help us. Thx

Tiffany

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app