iConcierge

acton1776

I have seen different information concerning Norwegian's iConcierge service. Is it free or $7.99 per person? Am I totally off base here? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Here's a section of our recent Gem review, with screenshots of the iConcierge App, it is universal for all ships (but, overdue for update ... did noticed some extra functionalities within the APP - like the Day Planner/Organizer, the ability to view booked dining reservations and shows, etc.)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=53044790&postcount=201

iConcierge App functions are split into those being free, and those with a charge - one time activation fee and pay per use fees for VoIP calling, at 79 cents a minute (subject to change with & without notices, of course) - none of which need paid WiFi minutes/MB inTERnet data access to use, only need to be registered & activated for inTRAnet access. Per device fee with the optional features has been raised to $9.99 since sometime in 2016, and is reported to be at $12.99 to $14.99 or even higher. As of this date, $9.99 seemed to be the going rate for BA, Dawn & the Gem (which we just sailed earlier this month.)

The fee applies only to those using the IConcierge App to communicate with others on the ship. The App is free to use to check your account, make reservations or book a shore excursion, etc. The communication part of the App is very helpful if you are traveling with others because it allows you to text and call others on the ship that also pay the fee. In my case, I get the communications function and my daughter gets the same on her phone so I can reach them on the ship to arrange to meet. It does not work for communication off the ship...for that you need a data package or a ship calling plan. Basically, it does away with the need for walkie talkies which is what we used to use while on ship to communicate. It works pretty well from my experience, but again, I only get it when I am traveling with my kids or a group.