Zuiderdam cabin

evgal/nj

Has anyone stayed in cabin 6004?

Is the balcony big enough to take the scooter out on to?

I'm kinda concerned since it's the first cabin forward.

Having second thoughts about this cabin, but the other HC cabins seem to be the same size as a non HC cabin & I know that will be too tight!

Karen

Has anyone stayed in cabin 6004?

Is the balcony big enough to take the scooter out on to?

I'm kinda concerned since it's the first cabin forward.

Having second thoughts about this cabin, but the other HC cabins seem to be the same size as a non HC cabin & I know that will be too tight!

Karen

Balcony is no wider or longer than a standard cabin balcony. It just has a ramp. What's confusing is that the deck plan does not show the partition between 6004 and 6006 making on to believe that balcony might be longer.

HAL HC cabins on Vista and Signature ships are all large enough to accommodate a scooter. Deck plans are not to scale. You will be able to get out onto the balcony, but maneuvering may be tricky, depending on size of scooter. You can increase the size of the cabin, but you can't increase the depth of the balcony. You might want to repost on the HAL board because there are several regular posters who are scooter users. EM

Thanks. Yes, it does get confusing.I googled Zuiderdam hc cabins & one site that claimed to have pix's of cabin 6004 showed a non hc catagory VA cabin! lol Clearly NOT cabin 6004.

We enjoy the balcony,dh has ms, can walk some but sometimes.....:(, to ensure the use of the balcony access is important!

I will repost on the hal page.Thanks for the suggestion.

I posted on the Hal page, no one replied!

Would love to see pix's lol

Maybe no ones stayed in this cabin!

People certainly have stayed in that cabin but you have to understand not everyone takes pictures of their cabin. I for one do not take pictures at all. Also only 5-10% of cruisers even post on CC.

• 3 weeks later...

You might like to take a look at the HC cabins that are right at the forward and aft "bump outs"......they seem to be pretty big, and the verandas are larger as they take in the whole bump. I've looked at them longingly, but I'm fortunate in that we don't qualify for them. The sticky "HALfacts" on the Holland America page has some good pictures. Another nice thing is that they're not far from the forward or aft elevators.

Zuiderdam, Oosterdam, Noordam, Westerdam, Eurodam, and

Nieuw Amsterdam deck plans will be similar for what you're looking for.

Edited by Koshlong

You might like to take a look at the HC cabins that are right at the forward and aft "bump outs"......they seem to be pretty big, and the verandas are larger as they take in the whole bump. I've looked at them longingly, but I'm fortunate in that we don't qualify for them. The sticky "HALfacts" on the Holland America page has some good pictures. Another nice thing is that they're not far from the forward or aft elevators.

Zuiderdam, Oosterdam, Noordam, Westerdam, Eurodam, and

Nieuw Amsterdam deck plans will be similar for what you're looking for.

Unfortunately, CC has decided HALfacts is competition, and has removed the sticky and disallows reference to the site. EM