Best place to change Canadian Cash to US cash?

MMDown Under

Can anyone recommend the best place to get a fair rate of exchange for Canadian dollars to US dollars in Southern Florida?

I'm not familir with any place in Florida but you're best bet will be always to do it in Canada.

Can anyone recommend the best place to get a fair rate of exchange for Canadian dollars to US dollars in Southern Florida?

The best rate is to use an ATM machine and remove a large amount of cash because the fees are set. Check with your bank to see which US bank has the lowest ATM fees. If you just charge everything with your credit card, you will get a better rate as well.

Don't use currency exchange places, like at the airport. Their rates are usually very poor. Walking into a bank and exchanging money is also a poor way to go.

Good luck!

Kel:)

I know there is an exchange office at MIA, also the larger banks will exchange Canadian $ for US $, but I do not know which one would be more favorable to you, they are probably not the best way to go, however they are both safe places to do it.

Why don't you use an ATM and withdraw $ from your Canadian account? This option will most likely be your best bet. We did it this way when we traveled to England last year.

Thanks for all your responses.

As an Australian with a rapidly falling Australian dollar, I thought I might change my left over Canadian dollars to US dollars, whilst in Florida.

It has been my experience that most American Banks don't want anything to do with our dollar. I have found that Wachovia has or had the lowest rates to exchange my money, but I haven't used their services in some time. Yes the exchange desk at the airports are expensive but if you want to get rid of your Canadian dollars, it is convenient.

It has been my experience that most American Banks don't want anything to do with our dollar. I have found that Wachovia has or had the lowest rates to exchange my money, but I haven't used their services in some time. Yes the exchange desk at the airports are expensive but if you want to get rid of your Canadian dollars, it is convenient.

Thanks for your comments, Nik.

As I hate to be ripped off in the exchange process, I will gift them to whoever in our family goes to Canada again first.

Newfoundland is still on my wish list!

You know times are tough when you start going through all your left over currencies. I've had some nice surprises!

Check with your bank and see if they have a deal set up with any US banks so that some, or all, of the fees may be waived for ATM use. I know some US banks have them with banks in the UK from what I have read on Trip Advisors London Forum, Not sure about US/Canada though.

Thanks for your comments, Nik.

As I hate to be ripped off in the exchange process, I will gift them to whoever in our family goes to Canada again first.

Newfoundland is still on my wish list!

You know times are tough when you start going through all your left over currencies. I've had some nice surprises!

Hi,

I too have a collection of currencies from around the world, including Aust. dollars. I usually keep them as souveniers.

Newfoundland...haven't been there yet myself, but some day.

Archived