Carnival Horizon in Europe for April 2018

Carneeval!

I noticed Carnival is offering a European cruise on their newest (not in service yet) ship, the Horizon. The cruises are only in April 2018. I can't find any other European cruises with any other Carnival ships on any other dates. Does anyone know why that is? Can anyone think of a reason(s) not to do this cruise? Lastly (and probably a dumb question, but I've never been on a European cruise), since this cruise is sailing out of Barcelona, will the primary language on board be English or Spanish? Any insight is much appreciated! :confused::D

Carnival only has European sailings when a new ship has finished being built (or one has been completely overhauled in Italy). They are choosing to do a short European season so they can have more sailings out of NY, before she is home-ported in Miami.

There's also one European sailing in May. Sails around the Med, then crosses the Atlantic and ends in NY.

My husband and I are doing the April 22nd sailing. So I obviously can't think of a reason not to do one. [emoji16] It's the one cruise I am most looking forward to.

As for language, if you are referring to staff, they will speak English, as any other Carnival crew does. No idea about passengers. I would imagine there will be more foreigners (non-US passengers) than other Carnival cruises based out of the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are booked on the Horizon sailing May 9, 2018. Its the TA and can hardly wait! It will be our first TA and looking forward to the sea days... we are at the point now where we work to cruise! and its absolutely worth it. Looking forward to the Horizon also....

Carnival's demographic does not fit sales projections to sustain a full season in Europe. Way too much competition who do it much better.

Shakedown cruises are a great fit for people who are pretty relaxed and ok with the whole new ships/crews first time working together. If price is good, grab it.

Actually English should be predominant on ship. You will have multiple Nationalites represented. Many Europeans speak at least some English so you should be fine.

Side note: I always laugh when I hear people in other parts of the world calling the ones there "foreigners". No, that would be you. ��

Dee