Serenade Deck Plan Change, Cafe Latte-Tudes Gone?

I was looking at deck plans of the Serenade and noticed they were listed as April 2015-April 2017 and that there was a link for deck plans listed as April 2018-April 2019. Not sure whats going on between April 2017 and 2018 but whatever...

I compared deck by deck and the only real change I could find is that Cafe Latte-Tudes is no longer in existence and has been replaced by Next Cruise. For me as a coffee lover and not a drinker of alcohol the loss of one of the few places to enjoy a non alcoholic drink outside of the various dining rooms is significant. My cruise experience will certainly not be enhanced whatsoever by a bigger, in your face "Next Cruise" store where RCCL can try to get me to book a cruise while what I really want to do is enjoy the one I'm on.

Does anyone have any more or different information?

Unfortunately this seems to be the way of the world, getting less and less for your money except for more and more hard sell. Thankfully, I have lots of time to make changes so I'll look back through the various lines and see if I can find a better option and if not then so be it.

I was looking at deck plans of the Serenade and noticed they were listed as April 2015-April 2017 and that there was a link for deck plans listed as April 2018-April 2019. Not sure whats going on between April 2017 and 2018 but whatever. .....

More often than not, the reason for new deck plans is because staterooms have changed categories.

I was looking at deck plans of the Serenade and noticed they were listed as April 2015-April 2017 and that there was a link for deck plans listed as April 2018-April 2019. Not sure whats going on between April 2017 and 2018 but whatever...

I compared deck by deck and the only real change I could find is that Cafe Latte-Tudes is no longer in existence and has been replaced by Next Cruise. For me as a coffee lover and not a drinker of alcohol the loss of one of the few places to enjoy a non alcoholic drink outside of the various dining rooms is significant. My cruise experience will certainly not be enhanced whatsoever by a bigger, in your face "Next Cruise" store where RCCL can try to get me to book a cruise while what I really want to do is enjoy the one I'm on.

Does anyone have any more or different information?

Unfortunately this seems to be the way of the world, getting less and less for your money except for more and more hard sell. Thankfully, I have lots of time to make changes so I'll look back through the various lines and see if I can find a better option and if not then so be it.

Haven't seen anything but Next Cruise is already next door so might just be no changes but they didn't but Cafe there on link even though it's still there. I'll soon find out as I'm on sailing on her 1st cruise after Dry Dock doing a B2B2B2B.

Having sailed the Serenade over Thanksgiving, we also liked the café. I thought it was much too small with usually one attendant and always crowded. The Captain would come down and stand in line like everyone else.

It seemed to be in a good location and I had hoped it would be expanded, not eliminated.:')

Cafe lattitudes is listed in the public areas section but not the schematics. Diamond Plus phone support said it was on the starboard side across from the aft elevators.

They need to fix their schematic.

That is where it was on the old deck plans and you're right, it is still listed in the public spaces as is the library but according to the deck plan listed for 17 April 2017 on it shows "Next Cruise" in that space. From what Ocean Cruiser says sounds like "Next Cruise" is already there and from what Ocean Dancer and other say Late-Tudes is already too small.....

Haven't seen anything but Next Cruise is already next door so might just be no changes but they didn't but Cafe there on link even though it's still there. I'll soon find out as I'm on sailing on her 1st cruise after Dry Dock doing a B2B2B2B.

can you please tell me when Serenade dry dock is due. Looking at booking a cruise on her and would like it to be after dry dock.

Thanks.

When is the dry dock scheduled?

Cafe lattitudes is listed in the public areas section but not the schematics. Diamond Plus phone support said it was on the starboard side across from the aft elevators.

They need to fix their schematic.

There are no aft elevators on any Radiance class ship. Goes to show you how much shore side knows.

When we were on SR this past Dec/Jan Cafe Latitudes was on Deck 5 across from the elevators located in the Centrum area.

Don't expect much after dry dock. At the Captain's Talk, he said it was mostly for mechanical and a bit of sprucing up, not a major over haul.

She is a nice ship with wonderful itinerary's if she keeps it the same. But she is showing her age, especially the theatre seats.

There are no aft elevators on any Radiance class ship. Goes to show you how much shore side knows.

When we were on SR this past Dec/Jan Cafe Latitudes was on Deck 5 across from the elevators located in the Centrum area.

No PASSENGER aft elevators, but I've been on the crew aft elevators (behind the Windjammer). Izumi let us use them when we ate there on a rainy night.

I used Aft because that's what the Diamond Plus Customer Rep. said on the phone.

Dry Dock is only 2 week marine side they do every 5 yrs. All major changes were done 5 yrs ago. They did replace all mattresses(still firm) and deck chairs in 2016.. I've done 200+ nites last 3 yrs on Serenade with 10 more cruises scheduled in 2017-18, All Afts! Doesn't have all the bells and whistles but still a great ship!

Oh and Dry Dock scheduled after the BOS-FLL Repo ending Nov 1, 1st cruise after is Nov 13 2017...I'll be on!

OneCruiser, not to hijack my thread (ok, so it is a hijack) is there in room WiFi access? (room 9624 in particular if it makes a difference) and how is there wifi coverage around the ship?

There is WiFi coverage all over the ship, including staterooms.

No PASSENGER aft elevators, but I've been on the crew aft elevators (behind the Windjammer). Izumi let us use them when we ate there on a rainy night.

I used Aft because that's what the Diamond Plus Customer Rep. said on the phone.

That is correct, there are no Aft elevators for passengers to use on any Radiance Class Ship.

The elevator that you used to get from the WJ to Izumi is a service elevator for the cooking staff.