Check in time for enchantment 3:30-6:30! Anyone know what's earliest check-in time?

We arrive in Fort lauderdale at 10:20 next Friday; I am guessing we would get to the cruise terminal by 1-ish. Sounds like on harmony they would let you on . but not sure if overall they start letting people on later for enchantment. Hoping someone has some recent experience. Thanks!

I think this one is different. Instead of a 11:30-3 for a normal check in time (which is the time for the 2/20 sailing that we are also on), the Set Sail does say 3:30 to 6:30, so it appears that the cruise is a little delayed.

edit- the sailing time does show 7:30 pm instead of the normal 4:30 pm on the itinerary.

So this appears to be real.

we are usually on the ship and having a drink at the pool before 11 am

we never listen to the "suggested" time to arrive. We are always there by 10:30 at the latest

But that's using the normal boarding time of 11:30 - 3pm and sailing at 4:30.

This time, the set sail shows 3:30-6:30 with sailing time of 7:30.

I'd bet that if you show up at 10am, you'll be sitting there waiting for a while. So we won't be- try to be closer to 3.

Looking at the port schedules show the Enchantment of the Seas arriving at the Port of Miami at 0530 on 2/13. She will then depart there at 10am, arriving at the Sea Buoy at Port Everglades at 1300.

Does the Enchantment normally use the Miami port, or Port Everglades? It looks like they are dropping off in MIA, and picking up at FLL.

(And again on 2/20, she's listed as arriving in Port Everglades at 0500 and departing at 1000.)

If things go well, I'd expect her to be alongside by 2pm or so. There's certainly no reason to get there too early!

Aloha,

John

Looking at the port schedules show the Enchantment of the Seas arriving at the Port of Miami at 0530 on 2/13. She will then depart there at 10am, arriving at the Sea Buoy at Port Everglades at 1300.

Does the Enchantment normally use the Miami port, or Port Everglades? It looks like they are dropping off in MIA, and picking up at FLL.

(And again on 2/20, she's listed as arriving in Port Everglades at 0500 and departing at 1000.)

If things go well, I'd expect her to be alongside by 2pm or so. There's certainly no reason to get there too early!

Aloha,

John

So I am on the 2/17-2/20 cruise. It departs from Miami and is supposed to arrive back in Miami. But I'm not sure where it "normally" departs from. That is strange...

She may be showing that she's going to Port Everglades mid-day, but my Set Sail pass for next Friday still shows Miami. And the e-mail telling us about the later boarding/sailing time also shows Miami.

The way I'm reading this is that last Friday there was delayed boarding in FLL and this coming Friday there is delayed boarding in Miami. This thread started several days ago.

No sailing listed for Monday.

The way I'm reading this is that last Friday there was delayed boarding in FLL and this coming Friday there is delayed boarding in Miami. This thread started several days ago.

No sailing listed for Monday.

Well, the thread started on 2/9, which is Thursday, and since they were asking about "next Friday"- I read that as 2/17. And that the OP arrives at FLL airport at 10:20 am on the same day.

Which is why I originally replied on 2/9 pointing out that this delay is more a real delay out of Miami as opposed to the "scheduled" boarding that we normally see.

As for not seeing a sailing for tomorrow- it is tomorrow after all. When do scheduled sailings drop off the planning schedule?

Either way, I'm planning on showing up to the Port of Miami at 2:30 or so to board the Enchantment next week. It's what all of the travel documents say.

I'm on the 2/17 sailing as well. I wish I knew why we were leaving so late. We have dinner scheduled at 6PM, which is before sail-away, and seems like it'd be right at the time of the muster drill. I wish I knew why we're leaving so late. :confused:

Us too! I scheduled a 6:15 dinner...will they make us leave dinner for the muster?

Since this sailing is really close to what always happens in San Juan, in terms of timing....

What is done there is a fairly late muster drill, but before an all aboard time- so there's a second one for those who got on late; then dinner is 1/2 later for all.

Not sure if that is what will happen or not, but given how similar the timing is, it would make sense.

Since this sailing is really close to what always happens in San Juan, in terms of timing....

What is done there is a fairly late muster drill, but before an all aboard time- so there's a second one for those who got on late; then dinner is 1/2 later for all.

Not sure if that is what will happen or not, but given how similar the timing is, it would make sense.

That's helpful. Thanks!

Since the ship is sailing out so much later, but gets in at the same time, what do you think the chances are of rooms being ready at boarding?

I've seen it both ways, i.e., staterooms are ready because stateroom attendants have had ample time, or staterooms not ready because stateroom attendants were required to help with other ship functions.