Triumph vs. Fantasy

Oceans100

We have sailed Fantasy 3 times and the Triumph twice. If you want Dive In movies, you will want to select the Triumph. If you want an adults only Serenity area or Waterworks water park choose Fantasy. I also like the outdoor dining areas on Fantasy. We were on Triumph in September and Fantasy in December, we had a great time on both.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just off the Fantasy, and I really liked the ship. Not wild about Progreso as a port, though. I haven't sailed on Triumph, so I can't offer an opinion there...but do give consideration to the itinerary!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks! Just something to decide I guess, good to know everyone seems to like both! No kids, so the kids activities don't make any difference either way, however, Serenity might be a plus lol, I was actually set on Dream at first but now I'm not sure that I really want 7 days that's why I'm now considering these two since I could do a 4 or 5 day instead. I'm not a first timer but it has been a while.....lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks! Just something to decide I guess, good to know everyone seems to like both! No kids, so the kids activities don't make any difference either way, however, Serenity might be a plus lol, I was actually set on Dream at first but now I'm not sure that I really want 7 days that's why I'm now considering these two since I could do a 4 or 5 day instead. I'm not a first timer but it has been a while.....lol

For what it's worth, we like Dream much better than Fantasy or Triumph. Listening to the rock band in a smoke free environment, Ocean Plaza, is something the two smaller ships do not offer. We also love being able to walk around the perimeter of the ship on the deck 5 lanai.

Actually like the Fantasy class better than the Triumph class. Only plus for the Triumph was it was a balcony ship. Other than that, the layout was horrid and it was a too crowded ship, second only to the Destiny, now Sunshine.

However, I was never a fan of the prototype of any of the classes, as they seemed to be the worst constructed. As the 8 Fantasy class ships were rolled out, they seemed to iron out the wrongs of that first ship. So it's odd for me to say I didn't care for the Fantasy, but I did like the Imagination, Fascination, Ecstasy, etc.

The Fantasy is also now the oldest ship in the fleet, at 27 years old. The Triumph is 18.

I have been on both and prefer the Triumph. I like to sit out and watch movies on the big screen.

The Fantasy was my first ship and didn't have anything to compare it to and it is an old boat. I don't remember it being too crowded and seemed to flow nicely.

The Triumph, does have the Seaside Theater. It was more recent, so I do remember that it is old as well but not as old as the Fantasy. It did seem crowded at times in the food areas and occasionally was behind a motorized scooter, so they crowd did back up a little.

But you are on vacation, relax!

We have been on the elation and fantasy a total of 6 times between them. Only been on the triumph once (going again in November) and the dream a couple of times. The dream has a really nice flow to be so big and have so many people. But t you will wait in line for shows. Fantasy and elation are small so less people and less crowds. Which also translates to less to do sometimes. The triumph seemed as if there were always decent lounge chairs available because it really doesn't seem like there were bad ones. Also the guys burger joint on triumph was great and the movies. Seemed to not flow as well for getting around was the only negative we had for the triumph.

We have been on the Fantasy, Triumph, and Dream. We actually prefer the Fantasy and Triumph over the Dream. (Dream has more "things" and is bigger, but it also has more people and actually seemed more crowded and had longer lines.)

As for the Fantasy and Triumph, I think they are both still great even being older. The Fantasy has the great waterworks. The Serenity area is good, but bar service there was horrible back in November. It also has Guys Burgers which is another plus. The only thing that I personally think the Triumph has that is better than the Fantasy is the seaside theater and also the balcony rooms. (We had a balcony on Lido and it was awesome!)

• 4 weeks later...

Well for my upcoming cruise in August I went with the Dream, however, I still would like to book a shorter cruise on one of these in January and hoping I might be able to get a discount or OBC if I book while on the Dream......Fantasy has Serenity and Triumph has balconies......decisions.

Well for my upcoming cruise in August I went with the Dream, however, I still would like to book a shorter cruise on one of these in January and hoping I might be able to get a discount or OBC if I book while on the Dream......Fantasy has Serenity and Triumph has balconies......decisions.

Triumph also has the Dive In movie that Fantasy does not have.