Queen Elizabeth Photo Review - Deck Tours - Menus - Drinks Lists - Programs

megacruiser

Here is the Day 2 Dinner menu; sorry, as explained earlier, no photos of this meal...

DSCF2278-1_zpsadbe49bd.jpg

DSCF2281-1_zpsb06e81bf.jpg

Please see the show description below, on the first page of today’s Daily Programme. What I liked most was that I knew all the material performed; and the whole production was energy-charged with never a dull moment.

QEDAY2110003-1_zpscc73cbae.jpg

Enjoying your review. Not sure if you will be single to answer but do you know if they offer wheat free or gluten free alternatives at afternoon tea?

Thanks

Pat

Yes Pat they most certainly do. However, not up in the Lido/Kings court at tea time but no problem in the Queens Room. You will need to request and arranged your preference with the duty head waiter (Queens Room ) the 'day before' as gluten alternatives are not always readily available.

Earlier this year I travelled (QM2) with a friend who requested a preference and I must say she was very well looked after, we even had a reserved table (discreetly set up with a selection of the alternatives)

ooop's ;) apologies for hijacking your review megacruiser got a bit carried away ;-)

Edited by Bell Boy

Tender tickets are issued in the Queens Room to those who ready to go ashore. Tender numbers are called in quick succession with very little hanging around. I had actually forgotten I had been here before but quickly recognised it from the tender that took us ashore.

Korcula is a lovely port for those like me whose preference is just to have a relaxing stroll around, taking in the general surroundings and atmosphere; as opposed to an in-depth exploration with tourist guide in hand. I am posting a few photos to give a flavour of it; these are simply tourist snaps taken on the move and nothing more... The whole circuit took about 40 minutes and was not very strenuous. This is a port I could happily visit again and again...

DSCF2389-2-2_zps72242988.jpg

DSCF2349-1_zps57383fbe.jpg

DSCF2351-1_zps98e4a1ed.jpg

DSCF2384-4_zpsda3a9c4a.jpg

DSCF2353-1_zps0067307b.jpg

DSCF2354-1_zps0e69fbd5.jpg

DSCF6626-4_zps0fc3e783.jpg

DSCF6627-2-2_zpseb5c1de3.jpg

I knew there were some food photos to be posted today and having glanced at the photos, I mistakenly assumed they were dinner photos. In fact they are actually of the Britannia lunch; and it was arguably better than one or two of the dinners...

Salt Cod Brandade, nice combination...

DSCF6638-2-2_zps3c6870a4.jpg

Roast Pork, comforting and homely with nice crackling...

DSCF6646-4_zpsfd82f639.jpg

Upside Down Pear Cake... and a dollop of Rum ‘n Raisin (again! naughty boy...)

DSCF6649-4_zpsd6753ff0.jpg

DSCF2419-4_zps020b70ea.jpg

It was a pre-dinner show for us this evening. Comedian John Evans managed to entertain a pretty busy Royal Court Theatre for a good 45 minutes or more. A stalwart of Cunard and P&O, I had seen him several times before and never tire of him. Each time he has varied his material, so not one of those entertainers who make a living sticking rigidly to only one routine. I did wonder whether those from out with the UK would be able to catch everything he said because of his fast-paced delivery and Liverpudlian accent; and whether the British sense of humour would translate. He seemed to go down pretty well from what I could see.

Next time – “Indian Bistro” in the Lido for dinner and why it should be avoided...

ooop's ;) apologies for hijacking your review megacruiser got a bit carried away ;-)

Only too delighted when forum members chime in with answers to questions. Most welcome; and certainly not in any sense "hijacking" in my book.

Kind regards

megacruiser