Queen Elizabeth Photo Review - Deck Tours - Menus - Drinks Lists - Programs

megacruiser

That brings my Queen Elizabeth review to an end. Sorry it took so long. At times it can be difficult to keep the momentum going when there is not much feedback. One tends to conclude that what I have posted has been of little interest... For those who have found it helpful and took the time to comment, a sincere thanks.

Kind regards

megacruiser

I can't express how much I enjoyed your review. I read the entire review at one sitting. Couldn't put it down. DW and I took a transatlantic in January of last year from Southampton to New York City on the Queen Elizabeth and had a wonderful time. Because of that trip we a planning a trip on the Queen Victoria in April from Los Angeles to New York City. My appetite is duly whetted. The photographs and comments were greatly appreciated. Hope to run into you on a future cruise. Jerry of Jerry and Lady Kathryn

Loved your review and was so useful for when we visited Verandah. Allowed me to study the menu and we used the feedback of you and your partner to determine which dishes we ordered. We definitely wouldn't have ordered the dessert we did if we hadn't seen your pictures first. Most informative :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That brings my Queen Elizabeth review to an end. Sorry it took so long. At times it can be difficult to keep the momentum going when there is not much feedback. One tends to conclude that what I have posted has been of little interest... For those who have found it helpful and took the time to comment, a sincere thanks.

Kind regards

megacruiser

I have commented previously and would to again tell you how much I enjoyed your review:)

It was very comprehensive and a good way to decide if the ship is for you.

My view is, I could enjoy it:D

• 3 weeks later...

Wow! What a fabulous review - thank you so much.

A question - as I am also not a huge fan of fixed head showers :mad:, is there anywhere else one can use showers free of charge that are not fixed - eg the spa or gym?

Many thanks again

Alison :)

Edited by Iceman's Mum

Thank you, I really enjoyed your review. It must have taken you ages to put together and I must say I totally agree with you on your point about disembarkation. I have always felt that you are treated with total disdain on that morning. I always think they might as well chuck your bags off of the highest deck and tell you to clear off!:)

What a fabulous review. We are sailing on QV in November for the first time and first time on Cunard having sailed 4 times with P&O, thrice on Arcadia. I've just read Maggiemou's review and have had similar experiences. After a pretty dismal Christmas cruise in 2010 we had said never again but we were tempted back on Arcadia for a New Year cruise 4 years later due to the ease of sailing from Southampton. We enjoyed the cruise very much this time but also felt a distinct sense of disdain from P&O for their customers. So we are trying Celebrity in the summer and Cunard in November. I'm so excited and your review has added to my anticipation. Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Megacruiser. Thank you so much for your wonderful photos and review. What a lot of hard work and well done ot yo u for doing this. I have enjoyed reading and looking at your amazing photos. I know from person experience how time consuming it all is so well done to you and thank uou again.

I must say that the reserved Grills area on both the Queen Elizabeth and Queen Victoria seem to me to be far more exclusive and desirable than the equivalent reserved areas on Queen Mary 2, especially the outdoor space (see my QM2 review)...

Yes, we were far more impressed with the Grills restaurants, lounge and deck spaces on the QE compared with the QM2. The only aspect of Princess Grill on the QE (and obviously the QV) is the staterooms. With two exceptions they are just elongated versions of Britannia staterooms that, therefore, have a small balcony. For accommodations with such a hefty price-tag, the balconies are ridiculously small. I could see that one of the decks (4, I believe) had slightly bigger balconies. The PG staterooms on the QM2 are much more to our liking - basically a square shape with a fairly large balcony containing two traditional teak deck chairs.

• 3 weeks later...

It's just before 10pm and my bed time! It's taken me the best part of this evening to read this review and I'm so pleased I did. How I missed it I'm not sure. It I picked the link up from the roll call for our cruise which is on Queen Victoria in June. I'm now so excited, I was before but I'm more so . Thank you so much for taking the time to write this its amazing.