Transportation from Port of Leith to EDI?

What is the best way to get from Leith to EDI? I'm not sure of the availability of taxis at the port. We'll have our suitcases plus my husband's golf clubs, so I don't know if we need a private car hire, and if so, if anyone has any recommendations. I looked on Trip Advisor but most of the car services seemed to be for touring rather than transportation. Thanks for any information anyone can provide :)

Yes there will be taxis at Leith. The taxi companies know when a ship is coming in and arrange to have cabs down there. However as you have so much luggage, you could pre-book a private hire and they will pick you up at the port and take you to the airport which I think is what you mean by EDI. They are also cheaper than a black cab and I have found both these companies very reliable.

http://www.ecph.cab - 0131-555-5555

or

http://www.capitalcarsscotland.co.uk - phone 0131 -777-7777

Yes, we do have taxis when a ship arrives in Leith, as we have a good relationship with the two main companies in Edinburgh. These taxis take up to 6 people and the drivers are very helpful with the luggage. These taxis will take a credit card or cash and we have an information board with approximate prices (depending on traffic) as a helpful guide.

As Tartanexile81 says, you are more than welcome to pre-book your own using either of the numbers provided. However, we don't routinely phone private hire companies or Uber from the port.