Can I make an 11:40am flight from LAX?

USCAdventurer

Assuming that the ship is cleared right at 7am, and you're allowed to leave, then maybe. But traffic in LA is horrible in the morning. Try to a later flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sunday mornings are not that bad, and they should easily make their 11:30 flight, barring complete stop on the 405.:)

thanks for your advice. i really appreciate it. i think taking a taxi is going to work for me. i can't take uber because i don't use a smart phone and i think that's the only way you can pay uber. but i found out there is a flat rate from the port to LAX so that will help keep the cost down. i think i'll be ok since it is sunday morning and i do have tsa precheck to help get through security.

thanks again.

my ship arrives los angeles at 7am. if i walk off the ship as soon as i can and carrying my own bags, will i be able to make an 11:40am flight from LAX? this will be a sunday morning arrival.

thanks in advance for your advice.

I don't see any problem with you making that flight if the ship docks and cleared as scheduled.

You should be OK. Sunday morning traffic is light if it's not a holiday weekend. The only issue you may have is if you are flying Southwest or any other airline out of Terminal 1 (AirTran and US Airways used to have flights from there a while back, if they are still in business). Terminal 1 is known for horrible long security lines so they usually say to allow 1 1/2 to 2 hours. PreCheck might help in this case.