Carnival Valor Ports|Amber Cove and Grand Turk

tycup

We haven't been to Amber Cove, yet, but in Grand Turk we just hung out by the awesome pool at Margaritaville. No shore excursion was needed for a fabulous, relaxing day! The beach area there is also lovely.

AMBER COVE:

We did the Iguana Mama Water falls tour = cannot say enough positive things about this tour. Its just a must do, if you like to hike/swim/jump into waterfalls that are breathtakingly beautiful. The guides are great. The buffet and rum and cokes afterward are delicious.

GRAND TURK:

We rented bicycles outside of the cruise center area. $20 per bike. I insisted on finding the lighthouse and the other end of the island...BAAAD idea! We were riding against the wind the whole time, and although this is a very flat island, it was a tough ride.

We never made it to the lighthouse, but we stopped by some incredibly beautiful secluded beaches, away from the cruise crowd, along the way.

Rent a golf cart, its a lot easier.

We stopped by Jack's Shack on the way back to the port. Great crowd, great drinks. Order the conch fritters, they are one-of-a-kind delicious!

Have a great trip!

I am sailing on the Carnival Valor on the May 30th sailing. I want to know what you did on the port Amber Cove, Dominican Republic or Grand Turk, Turks ad Caicos.

We got off the ship in Grand Turk and booked a tour at a kiosk run by Carnival and Rainbow Calypso. Austin was our fabulous tour guide. He is a local well-educated young man with a wealth of information about this interesting island. Cost was $30 per person and well worth the 2 plus hours on the bumpy tram.We stayed 20 minutes in downtown, went to lighthouse area where he fed donkeys and went by the old salt flats where his grandfather worked years ago. You still have time to spend in Margaritaville by the ship, on the beach or poolside with food and drinks.

AMBER COVE:

We did the Iguana Mama Water falls tour = cannot say enough positive things about this tour. Its just a must do, if you like to hike/swim/jump into waterfalls that are breathtakingly beautiful. The guides are great. The buffet and rum and cokes afterward are delicious.

GRAND TURK:

We rented bicycles outside of the cruise center area. $20 per bike. I insisted on finding the lighthouse and the other end of the island...BAAAD idea! We were riding against the wind the whole time, and although this is a very flat island, it was a tough ride.

We never made it to the lighthouse, but we stopped by some incredibly beautiful secluded beaches, away from the cruise crowd, along the way.

Rent a golf cart, its a lot easier.

We stopped by Jack's Shack on the way back to the port. Great crowd, great drinks. Order the conch fritters, they are one-of-a-kind delicious!

Have a great trip!

Yea, the lighthouse is a loooong way from cruise port.

Edited by lizardhowson

I am sailing on the Carnival Valor on the May 30th sailing. I want to know what you did on the port Amber Cove, Dominican Republic or Grand Turk, Turks ad Caicos.

We were on the Valor last week and did the following tours which we highly recommend and would do again:

Amber Cove - Waterfalls with Marysol Tours. We did the 12 waterfalls and had a great time. This tour included a meal and stop at a local business to view cigar making and the opportunity to purchase cigars, local alcohol and local souvenirs. We still had about an hour at the port for shopping as well.

Grand Turk - 3 stop snorkeling tour with White Sands Tours. We snorkeled at a shallow reef, the wall and then to Gibbs Caye to snorkel with sting rays. We had time to shop in port before and after the excursion.