Royal's Liberty of the Seas in Boston

fdthird

We are planning on meeting and visiting with some folks who will be in Boston for the day on one of the Liberty's New England/Canadian cruise. We are familiar with Boston, but have no idea where a cruise ship will dock. Can you give me an idea where they'll be?

It's very easy to pick someone up there. This is where they will come out:

https://goo.gl/maps/3651s

we just parked right across from there and stayed in the car until they came out. Helps if they have a cell phone so you can direct them to your car in case you can't get quite this close.

You will not be able to stop there if there are a lot of ships in port, the State Troopers will make you move. There is a cell phone lot nearby that the OP could wait in and then come to pick them up at the curb once they are off the ship. The OP doesn't say what day their friends are coming into Boston but one of the day that Liberty is in Boston, there are three ships there.

Here is a link to the port schedule and other information including the cellphone lot location and directions to the port:

http://www.massport.com/port-of-boston/cruiseport-boston/cruise-schedule/

There are rarely "a lot of ships in port". We sat there for a half hour last August waiting for our friends to get ready. If you do get kicked out it is easy to park nearby and come back when your friends call, though.

There are rarely "a lot of ships in port". We sat there for a half hour last August waiting for our friends to get ready. If you do get kicked out it is easy to park nearby and come back when your friends call, though.

If you look at the schedule, there are many days where there are two or three ships there, that is a lot for that small area. If they are only there for a port of call, it is not that crazy, if there are multiple ships embarking from there, it is much worse. At least one of the days that Liberty is visiting Boston as a port of call, two other ships are sailing from that port. With two shipping disembarking and embarking thousands of people, it is crowded.

I have sailed from that port multiple times and have also picked up family other sailings almost every year. If I am picking up on a weekend, I park out on Drydock Ave at one of the meters and wait for a call when my family is at the curb. I can be to them within a minute or two. Many people will just drive round and round the loop between Drydock Ave and Black Falcon Ave but we find it easier to park right across from the Au Bon Pain.

• 1 month later...

fdthird -

You son is a member of the enterainment staff on the Liberty?

Do you send mail to him & if so do you send it via of the offices in Miami, 2100 Carebbean way? What is the standard length of time for mail to reach him? I have a girl friend working on the Liberty dinning room staff (cafe). I have mailed a phone to her it was in Miami Sept. 21st. she still has not conatacted me thus I do not know if she has received it of yet. Next is if she has received it does your son always have phone service while in USA ports. I have not her from her in an extended period of time. would like to get word to her to contact me if she has gotten the phone or not. Perhaps he could contact her.

Scott