One day in London

I believe that is the address of the company as opposed to the restaurant. Le Gavroche is in Mayfair.
I think that Bob++ was only pulling our legs, but actually Le Gavroche Ltd's registered office is 43 Upper Brook Street, London W1K 7QR. This is also the restaurant's physical address.

The Gordon Ramsay companies are registered at 539-547 Wandsworth Road (the red brick building on the right hand side of that Google Street View picture). However, I don't think that any of them have any connection with Le Gavroche, and I don't know how Google came to associate Le Gavroche with Wandsworth Road.

Albert Roux's Le Gavroche is the Wandsworth Road one.

Michel Roux is the Mayfair one.

Good.

Glad that's been sorted.

Here's a street-view of 537 Wandsworth Road.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=537+Wandsworth+Road&hl=en&ll=51.47031,-0.139381&spn=0.000003,0.002621&sll=53.994854,-4.064941&sspn=8.583855,21.467285&hnear=537+Wandsworth+Rd,+London+SW8+3JD,+United+Kingdom&t=m&z=19&layer=c&cbll=51.47031,-0.139381&panoid=jbQnGpzzx0A4EolxqdpRTQ&cbp=12,167.54,,1,-3.4

And very nice it is, too. :D

JB :)

Albert used to (and may still do for all I know) run his busineses from the Wandsworth Road. Meanwhile, trying to restore our reputation for being helpful....

I am going to assume the reference to Lambeth referred to the district centred round Lambeth Bridge and bordered by the Thames and Kennington Lane/Road - even locals, of which I used to be one, have difficulty defining the district of Lambeth, as opposed to the borough.

To be honest, I can't think of a single restaurant in that small area I would recommend to a visitor, but there are some interesting options close by! If over towards Vauxhall, then the fusion place in the Plaza Riverside Hotel is recommended by ex-colleagues and there is a very eclectic place called the Brunswick at Vauxhall Cross itself. If over towards Waterloo, obviously the South Bank complex (look at Skylon, for example) plus all the chains, or down the Cut - e.g Tas (Turkish) and its offshoot in the arches behind Southwark tube (Ev?) or Meson don Felipe (tapas). There's also the Baltic in Blackfriars Road, but you are a fair way from anything describing itself as Lambeth by then, I suspect.

If further inland from the river, there are various restaurants at Kennington Cross - I think they have all changed since my day, other than the excellent Kennington Tandoori, where you may rub shoulders with politicians down from Westminster, as well as locals.

Edited by Cotswold Eagle