Leaf report - NY/CT

Host Bonjour

Just an alert and update for anyone heading north - most start further up the coast, I know but I'd seen some posts in the summer wondering what the foliage would be come fall - it's well underway in New England because this past weekend, it started here.

We are just about 20 miles north of Manhattan but there are beautiful woods all around on some back roads; the colors are there and it's been quite warm, still is!

Colors should be beautiful further up near Newport, Boston, Portland and beyond each day that goes by from today. Enjoy :)

The further north you go the later they turn colour. Only a few red maples have turned here. It has been a record dry summer and some trees are stressed which may make them turn early but generally for Nova Scotia the peak time is the second to third week of October.

The further north you go the later they turn colour. Only a few red maples have turned here. It has been a record dry summer and some trees are stressed which may make them turn early but generally for Nova Scotia the peak time is the second to third week of October.

Great to hear - we'll be in St. John & Halifax on October 12 and 13.

Thank you maryann and SailBad for adding to the leaf news. It's been quite dry this summer here too (NY/CT) I was surprised anything started to change here at all yet but it is going slow/patchy yet. Just a sign that it was about to get underway.

The best is about to start....

Enjoy autumn everyone, bon voyage :)

Just returned from 10 days. No color whatsoever (except green) in Saguanay, Baie Comeau, Gaspe,PEI or Bar Harbor. I would think it would be at least Oct 5 before you see any substantial change.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just returned from 10 days. No color whatsoever (except green) in Saguanay, Baie Comeau, Gaspe,PEI or Bar Harbor. I would think it would be at least Oct 5 before you see any substantial change.

Sorry but woohoo - we're leaving on October 8th.