Belize Zip Line & Cave Tube Review - Way To Go Tours Belize

Baylee

My husband and I are both in our mid 50’s and did the Zip Line & Cave Tube tour through http://www.waytogotoursbelize.com. We were extremely lucky to have Waylon Gordon as our tour guide! It took about 45 minutes to get to the zip line site and Waylon told us about points of interest during the ride. The zip line was AWESOME and I can't wait to do it again! We had 7 lines – including a suspension bridge across a ravine. Wear comfortable athletic shoes and be prepared to climb steps up to the platforms.

We headed to the caves next and had a fantastic experience there also! There is a place to change so take your swimsuit or a change of clothing. We rented water shoes there on site. The next time we go I'll wear my athletic shoes or take a pair of Crocs - because the path is mostly rocks and the soles of the water shoes are thin. They did have Croc type shoes to rent but not in my size.

You walk about 20 minutes to the cave entrance. Waylon told us about various trees & plants along the way. The water is about 70-72 degrees but you get used to it pretty quickly and you're not really IN the water during the excursion anyway. Waylon told us about the history of the caves and again pointed out interesting things to see. I thought we'd be riding the current - but, in fact, the guides pull/push you along the way for the most part. If you can reach the water, you can help. I couldn't - so I was useless. Afterwards we decided to eat lunch there. There were several things to choose from. We had BBQ chicken, rice & beans, coleslaw - it's not included in the tour price and I believe it was around $8 per plate. Absolutely DELICIOUS!

Waylon got us back to the pier in plenty of time to do a little shopping and have a drink before the last tender. To sum things up … this was a PERFECT DAY thanks to Way To Go Tours Belize!

• 9 months later...

Thank you for this review. I just sent them an inquiry for our cruise next month. :)

I had a tour book via Island Marketing, but there was a problem and I tried repeatedly to get it resolved, but their customer service is slow and unresponsive. When they did finally respond, I was tersely told they had cancelled our reservation. No explanation. :eek: