Ladies what did you wear on your last cruise going to the carribean

bklynfinest77

If doing many shore excursions maybe double up on your walking shoes as we had few downpours and drying out mens deck shoes and my sneakers was a challenge. (Repeated stuffing with newspaper and gentle hair dryer...before anyone says...quick hot heating not good for leather)

I also under estimated how many pairs of socks i would need for comfort to avoid 'bathroom laundry'.

Following my Caribbean trip, i packed but didnt need....2 x casual long cotton trousers (too warm) 'smarter' daywear items...either in shorts/swimwear and sleeveless tops or simple skirt and top. Took too many long sleeve evening cover ups as not cold enough (ditto took too many mens long sleeved shirts for evening) Swim suits...luckily took a lot of bikinis as noticed regardless of body shape very few tried hiding the flesh and those that had to used a cover up or sarong...

Lifesavers; all my medications for colds as ships are breeding grounds for sniffles. Had to buy cough medicine onboard survived otherwise.

Also a couple of choices of bags for shore excursions activity dependent..

Sadly i didnt need my sea shoes and snorkel as port of call cancelled for excursion and underwater camera! zip lining clothing and crystal cave swimsuit as also cancelled...

oh also our wide brimmed hats..too windy... so stuck to baseball type.

I use a hiking hat, it has interior drawstring, as well as the drop down that I put behind my head and tighten against the nape of my neck. Packs flat, vented, floats, SPF 50, LIFETIME WARRANTY

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I have a tried-and-true packing list for a two-week warm weather trip; it's only 35 items (not including underwear) and has never let me down:

- 3 swimsuit sets, meaning swimsuit + cover up ... these are all Lands End dress-type cover-ups with pockets and are okay for a run into the buffet to pick up a drink /often worn on island excursions

- 4 pair shorts (1 denim, 1 white, 2 bright colors ... might sub in a short skirt for one pair of shorts)

- 8 tops to match shorts (mostly thin, gauzy types, easy to wash in the sink ... all tops match more than one pair of shorts)

- 1 pair thin print pants with elastic waist

- 2 tops to match thin print pants

- 4 sundresses, tee-shirt dresses, or other casual dresses

- 4 dressy dresses

- 1 pair soft, comfortable yoga pants (probably a dark gray) for in-room lounging or late-night walk under the stars

- 2 large soft, comfortable tee-shirts (one long sleeved) to match yoga pants

- 2 nightgowns

- 3 thin sweaters or wraps that coordinate with all of the above

- 1 workout shirts and short

In addition to this, I'll pack one ziplock full of underwear and one big, floppy hat.

Since I've developed some foot problems, I do pack more shoes than I used to (because changing shoes often helps me avoid problems). Typically I'd pack:

- 4 pairs sandals (1 pair walking sandals such as Chacos, 2 everyday simple sandals, 1 dressy wedge)

- 1 pair slip-on Keds

- 1 pair water shoes

These items easily fit into one rolling carry-on OR the largest Vera Bradley travel bag ... leaving my tote bag for toiletries and other small necessities.

Edited by MrsPete

Here is my typical outfit plan for a 7-day Caribbean cruise.

Day 1 - Travel outfit - a pr. of Capri pants (or jeans/leggings) with a tunic-length top & cardigan, a straw hat, small-cross-body bag & large tote along with my sunglasses and athletic shoes (sneakers). I'll change into clean underwear and change the shoes to nice sandals and a clutch for dinner. (We usually fly in from CA). Underwear, PJs, & flip flops (used as slippers) round out the day.

Day 2 - Cotton tunic-length top (which can be used as a cover-up) and Capri pants w/swimsuit underneath and a pair of sandals, my straw hat, sunglasses, cross body bag and tote get me through the day. For dinner I'll wear a clean tunic top with Capri pants, dressy sandals and a clutch bag.

Day 3- I'll wear the outfit I wore from the evening before w/my swimsuit under it, and all the accessories from the day before. For dinner, if it's "formal" night...I'll wear a maxi skirt and dressy top or dress, a clutch bag, and add some nice costume jewelry.

Day 4- Same as Day 2.

Day 5- Same as Day 3 for second formal night.

Day 6- Same as Day 2.

Day 7- Travel Outfit - Jeans (or leggings), tunic-length top and cardigan and all the accessories from Day 1.

I jazz up my evening outfits with costume jewelry and/or scarves and I'll have a choice of two dressy sandals.

It goes without saying that I change underwear everyday and I usually bring 3-4 swimsuits and two workout outfits (which easily roll-up and take up very little room in my suitcase). I'll bring 3 pair. of pjs. I use flipflops as bedroom slippers and carry them in my tote for the beach. I wear my sneakers for travel days and the gym and on excursions if needed, and I'll have two pair of sandals (one for casual nights and daytime and one for formal evenings). I always bring at least one pair of jeans for excursions...like horseback riding or ATVing. I also bring several pairs of socks to wear with my sneakers. I never wear hose!

That's my basic outfit plan.

Edited by mousey

• 3 weeks later...

Here's mine (it was my first cruise)

Day 1 (departure): cute summer dress with boots and tons of jewelry. Mistakes: boots & jewelry. Should a worn flip flops or sandals.

Day 2 (cozumel): denim shorts and tank by day. White simple dress at night. Was mistaken for being half my age.

Day 3 (Belize): sundress and sandals. Score!

Day 4 (Roatan): tank and shorts by day. Sleeveless pink dress with cardigan by night.

Day 5: Costa Maya: shorts and cute tank by day. Sleeveless animal print dress by night. Cardigan when it got late.

Day 6: (on boat) simple sundress

Day 7 (arrive at port) capri and embellished tee.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

For a 7 day cruise, I usually bring 5 maxi dresses, 2 pairs of breathable capris/bermuda shorts, 3-5 fun or simple tank tops/halters, a couple of thin t-shirts. 1-2 pairs of dark jeans for night time with 3-5 casual cute tops. One or two dresses if we decided to go to dining room. We usually go to the steakhouse a couple of times and skip the dining room. I dress up a jeans outfit for the steakhouse (at least on the first night... I can't remember if I wore jeans in there the second time). Shoes-- I bring comfy walking flip flops, beach flip flops, a couple pairs of espadrilles, water sneakers. Jewelry-- I don't wear chunky stuff.. I have a few charms I switch out on my chain.

I tend to wear dry release shirts & capris or skorts during the day (I can get 6 complete outfits into a gallon sized zip lock bag without wrinkles) & Teva water sandals. Evenings I wear black or bronze silk pants & coordinating tops (sparkly tops for formal nights) with embellished sandals. 3 bathing suits & 2-3 rashguards/coverups.

Sent from my iPad using Forums